• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Debadging a Limited tailgate

REcoD

Jun 6, 2016
Truck Year
If anyone else thinks the HUUUUUUUGE RAM letters on the tailgate of the 15/16 Limited is a bit much, tak note of this.
If you wish to debadge it, be aware that it is not as simple as removing the adhesive. These LARGE letters on the tailgate have pegs that fit into predrileld holes. This means that you have to have these holes filled and the tailgate completely repainted.

I had this done and it looks great, but I thought I would let everyone know so they dont get surprised when the letters come off and you find 3 holes in the tailgate.

Reactions: EOC

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I noticed in your towing picture you had it completely redone. It looks nice. I still am not all for the grill though. But it's definitely a change from the grill that's followed the entire truck since the 90s

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Myself, I hate the tailgate. It's just to much I think. Good info, I noticed someone else ran into this same problem. What's the cost of having a body shop fill the holes and painting it, if you don't mind me asking?

REcoD

Jun 6, 2016
Truck Year
Myself, I hate the tailgate. It's just to much I think. Good info, I noticed someone else ran into this same problem. What's the cost of having a body shop fill the holes and painting it, if you don't mind me asking?

It was about $800. I had the entire tailgate repainted after the wholes were filled with spot welds and sanded smooth.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Was it just the locator pin holes or was it slightly recessed like the ram emblem is?

Byl

Jul 31, 2016
Truck Year
I just had my Limited tailgate letters changed out. I had black letters replace the chrome ones.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I think this says it all!Screenshot_20170724-113837.jpg

Lomza96

Feb 3, 2018
Truck Year
I have the standard white tailgate. If anyone wants to trade their big ass RAM letters tailgate, I'm down! Mine is in a mint condition!

peaceguy

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I have the standard white tailgate. If anyone wants to trade their big ass RAM letters tailgate, I'm down! Mine is in a mint condition!
I am working on a deal with that tailgate. (Don't like it) What part of the country are you in?

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Personally, I love the RAM tailgate and would gladly trade my Larmie white plain one for a white RAM one if anyone is interested.

I'm in South Carolina, but would travel the country to exchange.