• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Debadging

Barney556180

Oct 7, 2020
Truck Year
I've been de-badging step-by-step. Cleaned the tailgate first. Blacked the RAM head. On the doors, the 1500 went first, then the RAM. So far undecided as to keeping the EcoDielel badge. An EcoDiesel is uncommon, but the clean look is so...well, clean.

FYI I cleaned the goo with 3M 38987 Specialty Adhesive Remover. After peeling away any of the tape layer, I sprayed a small patch of residue and let sit for 1-2 minutes. Then spray again and wipe with a cloth. Finish it with hitting any last touchup with Goof Off, Goo Gone, etc.

The key is to concentrate on a small area at a time and work through keeping the residue moist.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
My 2nd gen ram lost half its window separation black vinyl when I took it through an automated car wash. Took it to a body shop and for 200$ they removed vinyl, scuffed and sprayed the black back. Couldn’t tell and IMO it looked better cause the clear coat threw a reflection back like the paint!! A786083A-3EDF-41F8-910D-6557571BDD10.jpeg