• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Decisions Decisions

anewby67

Apr 9, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Howdy Y’all,

Okay, I don’t own an ecodiesel (Yet) but I’m seriously considering it.

Basically I am really looking for advice. I previously owned an F250 with the 7.3 and I’ve wanted another diesel but want the 1/2 ton.

I refuse to pay what Ford wants for their F150 diesel! And I really like the look of the Ram both inside and out.
I wish I could afford a new pickup, but not at this time.

What I really need to know is what is the best year for used.

How many miles is too many? How is everyone liking their Truck?

Really looking for everyone’s honest reviews and suggestions

Thank y’all in advance!

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
The Ram trucks are very nice. The ecodiesel is very smooth and gets great mileage along with very good towing characteristics for a half ton.
The problem is all of the premature failures and unreliability issues of the ecodiesel engine. It does have a well above average failure rate. I have a 2016 ecodiesel that failed at about 57,000 miles. I still have my truck because of the new engine warranty and the fact that we love everything else about our truck. I would not buy it again however, and would look for a similar truck with the hemi instead. Or if you are locked onto diesel, go 2500 Cummins or the Chevy half ton diesel.