• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEF system help

WilliamP

Feb 6, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 ecodiesel. The DEF distemper line has plugged up again. The flex exhaust has blown out on the bottom and has caused a leakage on the bottom, we can not get parts. I've heard of recalls concerning the DEF and exhaust system but am hitting walls when it come to repairing this truck. I just had it in the ship in December, $1200 later and just under 1000 miles the service light comes in saying truck will not restart in 200 miles. Had very similar problem in December. Does anyone know a way around this or how to get parts for this problem? I've spoken with several diesel mechanics and I'm being told Canada has stopped shipping the part needed. I've also been told to wipe out the entire DEF system. Suggestions and any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely lost. Only had the truck since mid November. So yes, drove about 3 weeks = break down #1. Took to shop, drove a few weeks = break down #2

My 12th DSL

Apr 26, 2018
Truck Year
My 2014 was giving me issues as well. Seemed like it was a $1000 every time so I did a complete EGR and DEF delete at 175,000kms. Should have done that a lot sooner. I have had no issues since and now have 330,000kms on it.

rcm71cam

Sep 21, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2017 ram eco diesel low mileage dealer says need to run shell rotella motor oil since I have done that my turbo lag has almost completely gone. I cannot delete the def because will not pass smog

rcm71cam

Sep 21, 2021
Truck Year
also use blue premium def fluid and do not fill the tank because it will turn to gel in the tank go to the blue def web site and read about it