• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Delete or not?

Allenf

Nov 24, 2023
Truck Year
I am brand new to this forum and normally am not a big fan because it always seems like some guy think he is the smartest and everyone else is an idiot. But……. Since I know next to nothing about eco diesels I decided to join. Just bought a 2017 with 32,000 miles. Looks like it has hardly been used except church on Sunday. Anyway, before I purchased I was very hesitant but beings it’s for my wife and daughter they talked me into. (I am not a Ram fan). So the question is to delete it or not. I have deleted several trucks and a couple of pickups, always with better than oem results. What is the thoughts on deleting an eco diesel

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Plenty to read here on pros and cons of it but I think most would agree after they delete the results are positive!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
"it always seems like some guy think he is the smartest and everyone else is an idiot. But......."

Well no one wants to be THAT guy!, best advice is to do copious amounts of reading and make up your own informed opinion!
To get you started there are several types of tunes and not all are deletes. There is one very well regarded 49 state emissions compliant tune and several tunes that turn off the EGR with or without actual removal. Happy reading and welcome!