• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel future moving forward

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Was reading some stuff about GDE’s new EPA compliant tunes and that deleting is basically done and over with now.

I am curious on people’s thoughts feelings opinions, tarot card readings etc, on what they’d do next?

would you buy another Ecodiesel? Upgrade to a larger platform? Switch brands? Go to Gas?

honestly I have no idea what I would consider this moment in time

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I would probably buy another ecodiesel. I think GDE's new tune will help many people if it is as advertised. The ECO certainly has its share of issues that I hope are resolved. Fords 3.0 diesel isn't exactly flying off the dealers lots though and I haven't heard anything about the new GMC.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well Nissan isn’t offering the cummins anymore. I just talked to a guy who has one and he said it’s been great but only does highway and had 25k on it. I’d buy another one, but It would be getting a tune of some sort. Shoot worse case I’ll quit doing Hvac and get into the tuning world lol

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
I’ve always wanted a 3/4 ton cummins but the price hasn’t been conducive to me purchasing one. Maybe this is when I put my foot down and just start only buying used vehicles. I guess I’m just curious of how reliable trucks will be now that there’s no “missing parts” option

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The 1/2 Ton market is facing real challenges. The Gas mileage on new vehicles continues to increase, My 2019 Limited cost per mile is equal to DSL 1/2 Tons , Gas is still 0.40 less than DSL here. The 5.7 performs better than the 3.0VM. The 5.7 is $2300.00 less New Retail the 3.6 is $4000.00 less. The 3.0VM history is not good. It does fare OK in HWY use.

You do NOT get DSL resale like the 2500+ trucks, Hemi and 3.0 are same cost at resale.

Unless FCA changes the power plant in its 1/2 Tons the truck will not survive todays market. Right now its like 100-1 in new Sales Gas VS DSL.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
The Ford 3.0l Powerstroke is a nice engine and will be around for quite a while. They did a poor job of marketing it and only offer on high trim levels, this prices out a lot of potential customers. I think they might address those issues in the 2021 model year release.

Shawn Thomas

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
The 1/2 Ton market is facing real challenges. The Gas mileage on new vehicles continues to increase, My 2019 Limited cost per mile is equal to DSL 1/2 Tons , Gas is still 0.40 less than DSL here. The 5.7 performs better than the 3.0VM. The 5.7 is $2300.00 less New Retail the 3.6 is $4000.00 less. The 3.0VM history is not good. It does fare OK in HWY use.

You do NOT get DSL resale like the 2500+ trucks, Hemi and 3.0 are same cost at resale.

Unless FCA changes the power plant in its 1/2 Tons the truck will not survive todays market. Right now its like 100-1 in new Sales Gas VS DSL.

I think at this rate, I’m not worried about resale so much, but trying to get this to last me long enough to just outright buy the next truck I want on the spot.. don’t know how feasible that is, I guess that’s why I wanted this sounding board to bounce ideas off people. I was anxiously hoping and awaiting your input

The Ford 3.0l Powerstroke is a nice engine and will be around for quite a while. They did a poor job of marketing it and only offer on high trim levels, this prices out a lot of potential customers. I think they might address those issues in the 2021 model year release.

I haven’t been interested in ford in a long time because of their choosing to do that with a lot of their vehicles, seemed to be the reoccurring theme, but here’s to hoping they do! Turning course a little bit, I know you have tinkered with the 2.8L duramax, have you Started with the 3.0L I6 duramax yet? Any thoughts?

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Our Colorado tunes are released. We are working on the Ford now. Thus far with an engine and trans tune on that application we can drop the 0-60 almost 2 seconds. This will also be emission compliant when it is released.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
i purchases a jeep wrangler 2.0 turbo and am getting 29 mpg and with my tuned eco i am getting 28 and with a tune over 30

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I don't know, but when I checked on a 1/2 ton duramax they were also being offered in the higher end vehicles, the one they quoted me was right around 62k.