• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel rookie - just got a 2016

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Hello everyone. I have been stocking this website for quite some time, so I would already like to thank everyone for sharing your knowlage with me. I have had 4 Toyota trucks in my life previous to the 2016 ecodiesel I just bought yesterday, so I am new to any kind of Diesel engine. I have been looking at these trucks for a long time, however, and I am excited to finally have one.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! You’ll fall in love with the truck itself but the motor may be sometimes concerning. I’d look into a tune.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
I am planning on the GDE tune that is supposed to come out later this month. It is still a baby with 40k Miles. Now, should I keep my old ECU or just get a new one?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’d grab a spare, never hurts to be able to go back stock if they end up with another recall

Reactions: Mac

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Yep, that was what I was just thinking about. thank you

lowcountryreddirt

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
The new GDE tunes are installed via OBD-II. No need for a spare ECU. Just plug and swap out tunes from hot to stock in 5 min if you need warranty work. Sent my stock info last night and will update when the hot tunes are received and uploaded.

Reactions: Mac