• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Don't buy

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
9995, Thanks for sharing, We are here to Help. Please add your failure to the Forum in Post #17. The mods mostly will attack You for Posting your puke engine ,but if you want to stop others from the increase risk you are now experiencing.

9995 ,Your 2018 proves that VM in Cento has NOT improved in QC in 5 Years. ( along with many others) Don't let Fiat tire You OUT, stand Your ground and fight. The 2014-19 engine is now out of Production, You are correct on what are you going to get in that replacement.

I've never heard of engine fatigue issue.
My brother just received the email on March 22, 2020, about the fatigue issue.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
9995, If its possible, would your Brother share the Letter Here at EcoDSLram, Of course remove all the Personal info First.:)

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ok.........

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
I looked at the email, it was his vehicle health report. It stated he had a recall, “parts not available”. A fatigue issue. I can’t post the email, it has his VIN # on it. His is a 2015 EcoDiesel, with 57k miles. I doubt if he will have an issue with it, he uses his truck more like a sedan, but does occasionally put stuff in the bed nothing too heavy. I am trying to get him to join the site.

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
URGENT: You have 1 recall that requires immediate action. Review your open recall below for additional details. Call your dealer now to schedule your FREE repair.
warning_small.png
VB1 2014-2019 DS 3.0L ENGINE COMPARTMENT​

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK...……. You can always delete the VIN # and Name before posting in the Message box.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
I should have stayed with Ford. My mistake. I will have to live with it for a while. I guarantee bad publicity from me.
300 miles and this happened, interesting what did your service department say was the problem?

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
If you have to keep it just try and use it for Hwy and limit the grocery getting. It is odd it waited to 90%. the VM3.0 in OEM is over engineered and under developed, their Lots of negativity on its history its always best to do research before purchase.
Good advise if this is real??

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They are Owners with good success in HWY use, In General All Bluetech Dsl Fair better in HWY use.
Grocery getting will greatly increase future repairs. You just cannot avoid EGR/Plenum issues, I foam cleaned My Intake/Plenum and did stationary De-sooting 8-10K miles, at 44K My Intake and EGR need replacing, covered By warranty otherwise it was $2000.00+ cost.

Szgone

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
300 miles and this happened, interesting what did your service department say was the problem?
They said this is normal since 1/2 of the time was city driving. Eventually my vehicle owns me not the other way around.

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
They are Owners with good success in HWY use, In General All Bluetech Dsl Fair better in HWY use.
Grocery getting will greatly increase future repairs. You just cannot avoid EGR/Plenum issues, I foam cleaned My Intake/Plenum and did stationary De-sooting 8-10K miles, at 44K My Intake and EGR need replacing, covered By warranty otherwise it was $2000.00+ cost.
My brother had the plenum issue. Took it to a good mechanic, they got it up to 1400-1500 degrees and burned off the carbon. It is a good truck for HWY use, but I use mine as a TRUCK, hauling, towing, and use the 4wd. It should not have any problems, but it does that engine was never made for medium to heavy duty use.

Szgone

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Up till this happened I loved this purchase. I checked you tube and there were videos that acclaimed this truck. Now this crap. Screw ram.