• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dreaded SETC message with codes Stage 2 tune

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Just got my truck back from getting the tone ring and sensor replaced.....covered under the FCA extended warranty thankfully. My truck is SFT Stage 2 tuned with full delete from the turbo to the tips. It's never thrown any codes until today after reflashing an updated tune to go with the dealer installed W58 software recall. Truck was running great and then SETC pops up followed by the CEL. I pulled over and used my handheld tuner to check for codes....I had these 2.....P0132 and P0545. I cleared them and everything was back to normal till a few minutes later and same scenario. So I limp moded home and checked the codes and they were the same. I'm a bit confused at this point as these codes relate to the sensors that no longer are in use. My DPF and catalytic pipe are deleted making them redundant. I'm hoping it's just a tuning thing but any input would be appreciated.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Just another question....I'm seriously considering just deleting the electronic throttle altogether and installing a Banks throttle delete plate/block and having SFT retune with the Electronic Throttle turned off. Any thoughts if this would end the SETC message from ever popping up again?????

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Was the SFT loaded when flashed at Dealer?

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Yes....I installed my new SFT file at the dealership after W58 and tone wheel repair

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Was the SFT loaded when flashed at Dealer? You answered Yes to this question
I installed my new SFT file at the dealership after W58 and tone wheel repair. Then you contradicted your own answer

Kind of confusing!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thats likely your problem...... The SFT is likely not written for W58, You will need recovery Software from SFT or compatible New tune for W58.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks TC ......SFT sent me a new tune that was supposed to be W58 compatible.....Frank from SFT took an uploaded tune file from my truck with the W58 installed and made the current tune I'm now having problems with. What does recovery software entail? Can this be done without sending in my ECM? Thanks TC ....I appreciate your knowledge and input on this

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
John Jensen Knows More about SFT than anyone I Know, He's a member here send him a PM. His member ID John Jensen

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Yes....I've had some great input from John. Thanks TC....have a great weekend