• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

E.T.C light

Jaredeeus

Feb 18, 2022
Truck Year
Just recently bought an 2018 eco diesel limited, had some extremely cold days, and figured something would probably go wrong. Sure enough etc light comes on along with check engine light, so I'm stuck in limp mode, until I can make it b ack home from a 500km away work site. I did a scan and it showed p0106, p0299, and p0402, anyway those codes really didn't tell me to much and I have cleared my codes a few times. And finally narrowed it down to my cruise control!! If I don't use cruise control none of these lights come up! So my question is what is the relation between E.T.C and my cruise control and how do I fix it??

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If I tow a heavy trailer with my eco and don’t manually shift when taking off, I’ll get a P04DB Code every. Friggin. Time. I found that with my larger tires, and the transmission tune, it makes my engine lug and throws the code. Just something I do out of habit. Now I’m not sure what your codes correlate to but I’ll look them up when I get time. Along with my 04 code, sometimes when I leave the house after pulling a trailer, or in cold weather my truck will stumble for a split second, throw the preheat in progress and then go back to normal. No idea why lol but my best guess for your situation would be to turn off cruise control before you power down next time and see if your issues resurface, if they do I would dig into each code individually and see what aspect of cruise control would cause it. IE; when going 80 is your rpm lugging the motor, is your engine rpm surging, does it feel like boost is inconsistent. And so on.