• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco diesel def code problem with 165 miles left.

Jackdog!@#

Aug 6, 2023
Truck Year
Ecodiesel def code and 165 miles left before vehicle shuts down????? Anyone else have this problem.

hensongw

Jan 20, 2023
Truck Year
I dealt with this problem and tried many suggestions from various websites: clean def tank and injection from tank. I concluded it was the pump however I ordered a new tank too (likely unnecessary) but since it could not be returned, I went ahead and installed it since it came with the pump already installed.. after installation the count down continued however when it got to zero miles left, the regen started and indicator went off. No more problems.
I had already ordered a new pump so I still have it new in the box if you eliminate all the other causes and are interested.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
The DEF injector builds up with crystals of the fluid where it injects into the exhaust and triggers a see dealer for service message. You can remove the injector easily and clean it with hot water and replace it. The injector is held in by a ring clamp with 1 little bolt in it, mine needed a small allen wrench to remove it. The message left after some miles and the check engine light turned off after some start engine cycles with the key. My truck is fine and running well.