• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco Diesel Oil to use in 3.0 Eco-Diesel

Marvin Bottera

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
Hello All... I'm new to this site. What is the best Eco Diesel Oil and Filter to use in the 3.0 Eco-Diesel and where do y'all order them?
Marvin

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'm using SHELL ROTELLA T6 5W40, you need to make sure that whatever you decide to use that it meets the specs set by FCA. My lats case was ordered from Amazon, I don't know if I got a good deal because it was $55.00, a day or 2 later it was about $108.00. I can get it at Tractor Supply for about $21.00.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I'm using SHELL ROTELLA T6 5W40, you need to make sure that whatever you decide to use that it meets the specs set by FCA. My lats case was ordered from Amazon, I don't know if I got a good deal because it was $55.00, a day or 2 later it was about $108.00. I can get it at Tractor Supply for about $21.00.
I pay $55 as well. Great deal, as far as I’m concerned. Being the manufacturer recommendation, T6 Rotella is the only real choice, especially if you’re under warranty.

Lou

Jan 31, 2016
Truck Year
I got my last order of Rotella T6 from Walmart.com it was the least expensive.
UPS driver wasn't real happy that day I had ordered 4, 2 1/2 gallon jugs and 3 one gallon jugs.
I use it in my tractors as well as the eco diesel.
You really have to watch the numbers there it was cheaper to order 3 single 1 gallon jugs then a case of 3 by several dollars.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
I got my last order of Rotella T6 from Walmart.com it was the least expensive.
UPS driver wasn't real happy that day I had ordered 4, 2 1/2 gallon jugs and 3 one gallon jugs.
I use it in my tractors as well as the eco diesel.
You really have to watch the numbers there it was cheaper to order 3 single 1 gallon jugs then a case of 3 by several dollars.
Haha, my UPS driver asked if that would be a regular purchase! You’ve got a point, as the Walmart by me was selling T6 for $15.00 a gallon about a month ago. I snatched up 6 gallons.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
My Walmart doesn't stock the T6, as a word of caution, T6 is also available in 15w40, don't use it, the owners manual is very clear what weight oil to use , keep it on the 5w40 and protect your warranty, I'm also sticking with MOPAR filters.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I don't know what year your truck is but the owners manual also specifically states T6 as acceptable, I think there are others too, but I'm gonna stick with what THEY say to use, technically any oil that meets the requirements specified by MOPAR should be OK. Just keep proof,also keeping receipts and box ends from the filters, I've been checking filters and trying to find their micron specs, many don't publish it. I also will not use a FRAM filter on anything. I'm a retired mechanic with many years of diesel experience, just not on the ECO, I have researched oil filters extensively, IMO, FRAM'S construction leaves a LOT to be desired.

Last edited: