• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

eco diesel recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcbuilder

Sep 9, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 diesel. The recall came and I had the re flash done May 21/2109.
After the re flash I had constant problems. The car was down on power and ran slightly hotter.
After the re flash, the engine would not regenerate at all, dealer cleaned the EGR and seemed to work,
1000 mile later , EGR fried, lost all coolant , water pump failed due to lack of coolant, numerous o ring replacements. This was all done under extended warranty.
1700 miles later , engine would not regenerate againl, went into it's safe mode, back to dealer. This time ECM was replaced.
1200 miles later , electronic throttle failure, back to dealer. That code, the one that flashed on dash, was not reported in the scan, however numerous other codes appeared.
Since the re flash, the engine has zero reliability. Dealer says that over 60% of all vehicles with the diesel that were re flashed have had similar problems.
anyone had similar problems?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I hate to tell you the only thing that really fixes the eco is a tune it fixes all the problems you and every one else is having how many miles r on your jeep??by the way welcome to the group

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Greene diesel engineering is best sofa king is less money. what were the codes if u know

lcbuilder

Sep 9, 2019
Truck Year
I don't have the codes as the dealer still has the Jeep and I haven't gotten back the paperwork.
I did call Chrysler's customer service and was told that any issue I had was to be dealt with by the dealer and their help line from Chrysler.
I asked what happens if the issue cannot be solved, like they cannot figure out what is wrong because the program they installed is flawed, the response was its a dealer issue, Chrysler takes no responsibility nor offers any assistance to customer.

Jager

Apr 26, 2019
Truck Year
I had my '14 Jeep GC in for the recall in July. It went in with the engine light on and came out with the engine light on. Thought the engine light would be taken care of. Dealership texted me stating I need a $145.00 oil and filter change and never said anything about my engine light - so again I thought it was being taken care of. Texted the dealer back that I would take care of the oil change since I do it myself and they misunderstood and did an oil change which I found out when I picked up the Jeep. I then found out that the engine light was still on and asked them about it. They said it wasn't part of the recall and were just responsible for doing the reprogramming. They had actually ran diagnostics while it was in, but never said anything. WTF I asked them what was causing the engine light to be on they would not tell me nor give me a copy of the report.

I then emailed the GM at Bloomington Chrysler Jeep (MN) that did the recall and he (Anis Jaganjac - yes Anis is his first name which should have been my first clue) didn't even bother responding.

I have been to busy to deal with it the last few weeks and on the phone now with the recall company to get to someone at Chrysler dealing with the recall to discuss this issue. I think the dealer is trying to dodge (no pun intended) their responsibility.

After driving the vehicle 4,000 miles since the update, I would say my power is about the same - maybe a little less or I should say not as responsive. The one thing that I did notice is at times when I up-shift (I have paddles) the vehicle actually down shifts. It never did that before, unless I would actually downshift with the downshift paddle.

Don't waste your time calling the recall company. Just spent 27 minutes on the phone with them and got nowhere other than the guy going on line to get me a number to call Chrysler which I could have done in 30 seconds. Not trying to knock the guy since he did what he could with what he had and even went to a supervisor twice, but could not provide me with a number to someone directly at Chrysler dealing with this recall.

Anyone have a number?

Steve

Jager

Apr 26, 2019
Truck Year
You didn't mind the recall guy. Was the recall guys name John Doe? Something about the GM you didn't like? What's this clue you speak of?

Didn't ask for the recall guy's name. As mentioned in my post, GM didn't even respond to my email. TC Diesel got the clue. Here's the email I sent that I didn't get a reply.

Anis ~

Attached are screen shots of text messages I had with Rick when I recently brought my GC into your dealership a couple weeks ago. (They should be in chronological order.) I used to bring it to Walser in Hopkins, but quit due to discovering that they were trying to tell me things were wrong with my vehicle that weren’t. Figured I’d give you a shot on the recall that came out in May on the eco-diesels. Unfortunately my experience left me irritated and disappointed. (BTW – I tried calling Rick and my last text message to him was asking him to call which he never did.)

I don’t know who the gal was that did the paperwork on my vehicle, but I went around with her on the oil change that was done and I didn’t want. I would have stayed to talk with you directly, but had to leave for a meeting – she went from a 10% to 15% discount on it. I had told Rick I would take care of the oil change on my vehicle in our text exchange, but can kind of understand the confusion and he doing it even though I didn’t want it done. I should have told him “I will do it myself”, which is what I do.

After finding out my air filter was not cleaned, I am suspicious that my oil was even changed. I also find it odd and poor service that you would tell me I needed an air filter change and oil change, but you would not tell me about an engine code that would need to be taken care of. When I asked your gal about getting a copy of my vehicle report, she told me she couldn’t give me one and I had to press her to talk to a service guy that couldn’t say much about the code problem. So I’m having this recall work done on my vehicle to fix it, but I’m leaving with an engine code issue not knowing what is wrong, what it’s going to take to fix nor being offered to fix it. More than likely it’s an emissions problem.

Unfortunately not a good first time experience at your dealership. You can contact me at my direct dial below.

Steve

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Jager, according to John I'm on his Ignore list for NOT agreeing with Him.....Just thought I would give Ya a heads up, he likes to disagree and expects you to Justify Your Opinion.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Icbuilder, I would be doing OAs, was the EGR external Leaking or internal, if Internal and enough to destroy your water pump, OAT and CAL are a lethal combination and create lube that's very abrasive.

Bgbytoys

Sep 11, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 diesel. The recall came and I had the re flash done May 21/2109.
After the re flash I had constant problems. The car was down on power and ran slightly hotter.
After the re flash, the engine would not regenerate at all, dealer cleaned the EGR and seemed to work,
1000 mile later , EGR fried, lost all coolant , water pump failed due to lack of coolant, numerous o ring replacements. This was all done under extended warranty.
1700 miles later , engine would not regenerate againl, went into it's safe mode, back to dealer. This time ECM was replaced.
1200 miles later , electronic throttle failure, back to dealer. That code, the one that flashed on dash, was not reported in the scan, however numerous other codes appeared.
Since the re flash, the engine has zero reliability. Dealer says that over 60% of all vehicles with the diesel that were re flashed have had similar problems.
anyone had similar problems?
Mine is going back. Unacceptable cold lag. I know they won't fix but I want it on paper that they acknowledge the problem. I live on a truck route and there could be a accident.
Now I do have a free fix, put it in tow haul mode and the cold acceleration it far better. Even hot it will spin the tires again.

JMO

Sep 11, 2019
Truck Year
New to the group and the conversation.
I have a 2016 Jeep GC and like with everyone else - the power is also way off post the FCA V08 recall software update. Even my wife has noticed it and that says a ton. I may/or may not live in a state that's not easy on the whole emissions thing. I may or may not live in a state where GDE no longer ships their products to. I'm currently looking at "R&B Calibrations" and "Sofa King Tuned" (sofakingtuned). Have any of us actually flashed our ECU's post the horrible V08 recall to move on to a better tomorrow?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group. tune it and enjoy it. Quite a few used sofa most use gde

Last edited:
Reactions: JMO
Status
Not open for further replies.