• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel blown engine

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
Hello I'm having same problem according to dodge see I only released 136 and they're over $786 people waiting on New motors and just like you I'm further down the list and it's looking like it's going to be a year neither the dealership or Dodge wants to do anything to help me out in this situation I was thinking about filing a class lock action lawsuit against them is there anybody else that you know may be going through it or have you considered the same thing
I am . However my truck is waiting offical diagnosis. It's a 2015 Outdoorsman 90k almost positive it's the crank bearings. I just replaced the trans at 87k. I ll know soon hopefully.

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
Hello to all, I am wondering if any of you have delt with a blown ecodiesel 3.0 engine?
I had just purchased a 2017 with 81,000 miles.
On 4/31/22 on our way back to Wisconsin from Texas my engine froze up. It started knocking and luckily we were right at an exit to get off the freeway. Just in time for it to stop running and lock up.
My dealership from Wisconsin went to Illinois and brought it back to Wisconsin. I did take out an extended warranty and they are going to replace it.
However they can't get a engine for 6-8 months they say that there are over 700 trucks ahead of me.
Anyone else waiting?
Also if there are trucks from 2014 up to 2022 needing engines HOW do they produce new engines for older vehicles when the retool the assembly lines to make the newer version.
Love my truck but can't wait.
UP DATE: My dealer called me 8/25 and told me that they got my motor in and I should have it back in 2-3 weeks. (The motor was actuallyfor a truck that they own that needsa new motor and my service manager pulled some strings and got it for us) 9/14 got called to come and pick it up. They drove it for a 100 plus miles then gave it a once over and now I'm back on the road.
I had been told just the week before they got the engine that I wouldn't have one untill February or March.
I'd like to thank
VAN HORN DEALERSHIPS for taking care of this for me. After all it isn't the dealerships fault, but it's easy to make them responsible.
Good luck to the rest hope they start moving more engines.

SanDiegoEcoDiesel

Jul 10, 2020
Truck Year
Yes 2018 dam exact issue. Tapping noise 5 miles later complete failure.

Deduction... had tune kit from purchase removed when lease returned.
Was not reset to factory.

Hence the failure 1 week after carmax perchase!

5 months
New engine 2019

Now ch4 pump failure
$8k
$4k rental

No help from dodge.