• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Fire

Och99

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Our 2016 EcoDiesel caught fire while our college age son was driving. Fortunately no one was injured. We immediately had the truck towed to a dealer for repair. This happened over 3 months ago. We just got the repair estimate for $10,500. The parts involved are the EGR Cooler and the intake manifold. We learned that there is a recall on the EGR cooler. Unfortunately; now that there is an active recall, the dealer is unable to get the parts to fix the truck. The truck is sitting on the lot while we are making payments on it. We have called Chrysler for assistance but were told that Chrysler representatives cannot talk to us about our truck. I am submitting this post for advice. What recourse does a consumer have in this case?

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
1-800-541-7358 LAW FIRM HANDLING LAW SUITE . HAS THE TRUCK BEEN FLASHED UNDER THE RECALL? FCA PUT A NEW ENGINE IN MY 2016 AT 111000 MILES UNDER THE EGR AND AEM FLASH RECALL.WHEN YOU CALL ASK FOR LAWYER HANDLING THE COMPLAINTS .

Och99

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Thank you for your help! Yes the truck has been flashed under the recall. I will reach out to the law firm handling the law suite.

GlockandRoll

Jul 3, 2018
Truck Year
I've been watching these fires on FB groups and thought it was kind over over-hyped. But it recently happened to someone I know here in Austin, (a firefighter ironically enough!) and now I'm fed up. I want to fully delete the thing. What do you guys recommend, what parts, tune, from who, etc?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've been watching these fires on FB groups and thought it was kind over over-hyped. But it recently happened to someone I know here in Austin, (a firefighter ironically enough!) and now I'm fed up. I want to fully delete the thing. What do you guys recommend, what parts, tune, from who, etc?

I don't think anyone can pinpoint what's causing the fires, so not sure if your proposal would make it less prone to going up in flames.. it will obviously run better though.. :D

GlockandRoll

Jul 3, 2018
Truck Year
I don't think anyone can pinpoint what's causing the fires, so not sure if your proposal would make it less prone to going up in flames.. it will obviously run better though.. :D

Really?
I thought it was the EGR coolant leak was causing the fires?

GlockandRoll

Jul 3, 2018
Truck Year
I think it has something to do with it, but I don't investigate fires either..

Well, it happened to a firefighter I know - and if you read the NHTSA Recall #: 19V-757 notice, it pretty much spells it out, or am I missing something?

"FCA said that an internal investigation found microscopic cracks in some exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) coolers, through which the coolant can escape and cause a fire. "

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Here's the FCA study data

Attachments

• 00x7b-EGR Ram Fire Study.pdf
    120.7 KB · Views: 15