• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel in cold Canadian winters

Dodginjunk

Oct 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hello everyone. I'm currently in the market for a new truck. I have my eyes set on either a Hemi or an EcoDiesel as they are priced amazing right now. I have a Hemi currently but it's getting miled out. So I guess my question to you guys would be, does a EcoDiesel work good at -40c ? I work in the oil patch which involves cold cold mornings. About 200 km a day of highway/ gravel roads and i haul 300 L of fuel in a tidy tank. I read that the Def freezes up quite often. As I work 50 days straight at a time usually I can't afford to have a truck that is in the shop a bunch with issues. My Hemi while it is a pig on fuel has only been in the shop once. That being said I would definitely put a winter front on it and tarp it in underneath. Any advice or Insight would be appreciated. Thank you all!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the hemi gets poor fuel milage the echo is not to dependable even with fmc and their worthless warrenty

Last edited:

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
the hemi gets poor fuel milage the echo is not to dependable e en with fmcnd their worthless warrenty
I agree with carlhenry. it's a good truck if you get a good one, but so many have had major problems with them, while mine is good so far, I worry every day, what'll happen tomorrow if my engine goes on me and I still have 2 years of financing left! I've never felt this way about any vehicle I've owned. It's been really good to me, but I've read so much bad stuff about it, that it's got me worried that I feel my time is limited and once I pay it off, I'll probably sell it off and get something else with a better reputation for reliability. Of course if it's still running good I may keep it longer. Hard to say.

I'd do more research if I were you. Yes, they are great on fuel, like really great on fuel, but if you have any major issues, it gets VERY expensive fast...