• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodieselsettlement.com

jhboe

Jul 21, 2017
Truck Year
I have been receiving all the info from the lawsuit and have registered my 2015 Ecodiesel. In addition, I have been hounded by a law firm in Michigan, Ken Sterns Law. They, of course, are trying to convince me to opt out of the class action and use them to settle it for me. I'm sure it is not out of the goodness of their hearts. Anyone know more about the pros and cons regarding which way to proceed?

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
You have to make the decision for yourself. I'd ask Ken Stern to tell you why they think they are the best option for you. Some of us paid for an additional warranty so the class action is just $3,000... and a tune that will further degrade the longevity of the motor.

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Seeing that $3000 for the class action startled me. So often those class action deals are where the attorneys make millions and the injured party gets hundreds. I opted to go with Stern because it was a straight percentage deal. I am looking forward to hearing from them. RAM requested that I sign a release from the class action suit twice.

I love my truck! I get 27mpg combined pulling small trailers and highway at 32 when I drive 60mph. The old gas 6 would downshift going up highway hills and drive me crazy. The torque in this RAM never downshifts.

BMac65

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Does this suit include trucks in Canada?

jhboe

Jul 21, 2017
Truck Year

Yes it does. Click this link and scroll down to the section about trucks sold in Canada. It sounds like they are elegible for the upgrade and warranty but not the money.

www.ecodieselsettlement.com

John

Nov 13, 2015
No. Vehicles registered in Canada are not included. Vehicles originally sold in Canada and currently registered in the United States are eligible to receive the Approved Emissions Modification (“AEM”) and the Extended Warranty.

DEBRA TEAL

Sep 6, 2019
Truck Year
I have not heard anything from the settlement and it has been weeks. Can someone please advise.

DEBRA TEAL

Sep 6, 2019
Truck Year
Just spoke a rep and she can not find our claim. Very frustrating. I went back to fill out a claim and the form does not appear to be the same as the first one I filled out, plus it is asking for a copy of "govt issued photo id", "vehicle registration", and "proof of purchase". I would think this information is already in their system and with all the fraudulent things going on today and it seems NOTHING is really secure once you put it in your computer, I am not comfortable at all with this. I do not even post my photo on anything in my computer. It's just not a good idea these days. Very unhappy with how this "claim" process is going, plus the at the phone number that was provided by the dealership, the agent said there is no option to even speak with someone. What sort of "Customer Service" is this after already being INCONVENIENCED? This process should be much more customer friendly! I would love for someone to please contact me regarding this. Thank you.

jhboe

Jul 21, 2017
Truck Year
Seeing that $3000 for the class action startled me. So often those class action deals are where the attorneys make millions and the injured party gets hundreds. I opted to go with Stern because it was a straight percentage deal. I am looking forward to hearing from them. RAM requested that I sign a release from the class action suit twice.

I love my truck! I get 27mpg combined pulling small trailers and highway at 32 when I drive 60mph. The old gas 6 would downshift going up highway hills and drive me crazy. The torque in this RAM never downshifts.

Has Stern done anything in your behalf yet David?

pastorpaule

Dec 13, 2019
Truck Year
The Stern Law firm is moving forward, I believe they have another hearing next week. I usually get monthly, or more updates on how the case is proceeding. Last August the truck coded due to the EGR cooler leak. And with a $3000 plus repair bill plus the need of a rental, I was forced to allow the dealership to do the AEM update with 46,000 miles on the truck (performance and mileage has been terrible since). I thought it was ridiculous that the turbo cooler repair was not covered under my 5 year/100,000 mile power-train warranty when one of the most important parts of a Turbo-Diesel power-train is the Turbo (it doesn't run very-well without it). In the last few months I've gotten the recall letters on the cooler leaks causing engine fires. I thought there should have been a nationwide recall long before that.

Hogman

Jan 3, 2020
Truck Year
So did up paperwork for settlement and sent it in. Settlement was denied saying I was former owner and deadline to file was by Aug 1,2019. Problem being I still owned the truck. It was totaled on Aug 9,2019 insurance co bought it back, bent frame. Settlement people said I became former owner by insurance co buying it and paperwork is past filing date. They are trying to pull a fast one on me. Any help is appreciated. They sent an email to me stating " because I sold vehicle and it was not the result of a total loss". But I sent in letter from insurance company stating it WAS a total loss with my settlement papers.