• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ECU failure

FarmerBob

Mar 21, 2023
Truck Year
Has anyone had any ECU failures? I've been experiencing an unusual "

, single "hiccup" on acceleration immediately after leaving my driveway on cold mornings. I've posted about this and one member had a similar situation that I believe they said ended up being an ECU failure, so, I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this? I was able to catch the event on a graph with the Torque Pro app this morning, but only the metrics I chose. The truck doesn't register a fault after these events... Dies anyone know if another, more in depth diagnostic logging tool I can use to verify an ECU failure? I'm not a mechanic, so I'm also open to other udeas? Electronic throttle fault? Mass air flow sensor fault? Really wish I could come to more data if I knew where to look or with what tools to use.Screenshot_20240108-115501_Torque.jpg

bent

Oct 27, 2020
Truck Year
Has anyone had any ECU failures? I've been experiencing an unusual "

, single "hiccup" on acceleration immediately after leaving my driveway on cold mornings. I've posted about this and one member had a similar situation that I believe they said ended up being an ECU failure, so, I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this? I was able to catch the event on a graph with the Torque Pro app this morning, but only the metrics I chose. The truck doesn't register a fault after these events... Dies anyone know if another, more in depth diagnostic logging tool I can use to verify an ECU failure? I'm not a mechanic, so I'm also open to other udeas? Electronic throttle fault? Mass air flow sensor fault? Really wish I could come to more data if I knew where to look or with what tools to use.View attachment 4181
My 2017 eco will do a very similar thing. Very violent lost of power then immediately pick back up. The EVIC shows something about low battery voltage. Power saver mode. Only happens when the ambient temps are below freezing and engine is not yet up to temp. Also happens very infrequently. May be worth logging battery voltage if you can.

Wayne