• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ED 1st gear shudder

JimT

May 4, 2016
Truck Year
Just got my '16 ED Longhorn. First thing I noticed is a small shudder when starting to move in 1st gear, then smooth from then on. Feels like I ran over a little gravel. Does it every time. Dealer says this is normal turbo spin up. But I drove another ED and it doesn't do it. Now I'm in an argument with the service dept. Any suggestions?

JimT

May 4, 2016
Truck Year
Just got my '16 ED Longhorn. First thing I noticed is a small shudder when starting to move in 1st gear, then smooth from then on. Feels like I ran over a little gravel. Does it every time. Dealer says this is normal turbo spin up. But I drove another ED and it doesn't do it. Now I'm in an argument with the service dept. Any suggestions?

JimT

May 4, 2016
Truck Year
Now the dealer says this is a known issue by Chrysler, that it's a torque converter issue, and that they are working on a software update to fix it, will be a few months. Really?

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Mine does it too, but not 100% of the time. 30,000 otherwise trouble-free miles. I don't worry about it, but if you get yours worked on, please let us know how that process was.