• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Cooler leaking

skir

Oct 13, 2017
Truck Year
HI, I'm new on eco, I have a 2014 with 62108 miles on it and started using coolant a few days ago, no leaks I can find, temp in all the hoses are at about where they should be. Does sound like the issue you were having with the EGR pump leaking? I'm taking my eco to the dealer (150 miles round trip) on Monday and would like to give them some ideas where to look if it is hard to detect. Advice?
Skir

Apks

Oct 8, 2017
Truck Year
Welcome. I'm new as well and by no means an expert. I was able to find a visible leaking area below the EGR cooler this evening. I'm still loosing significant coolant. If you're loosing coolant and you can't find the source, it's likely the EGR cooler. I'm schedule to have the cooler replaced on Monday. One of the challenges is the lack of inventory of EGR coolers. Sounds like a very common problem. I believe they are several weeks back ordered. I was able to find one at a dealership about 70 miles away. I doesn't look like a difficult job to replace the old one but they wouldn't sell the new one to me. The will only sell it to me if they install it. I'm out of warranty and didn't get the extended warranty so it will cost me about $2000. Not real happy about that but I need the truck. I do plan to take this matter to Chrysler.