• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Egr cooler

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
The EGR cooler recall work I had done in February said no remedy available on the dealer invoice. The new remedy is available which is a new EGR cooler. You have to let the dealer know when you bring in the Ecodiesel for the recall. Also ask them for the latest AEM software update that will fix the turbo lag and poor mileage customers are complaining about after having the AEM to comply with the EPA class action lawsuit.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I got my recall for the EGR today. Have not contacted the dealer yet to see, but the notice says they have the new one.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It looks like the "fix is in". got this today Looks like a couple of may have gotten it also.
I will be hoping to get a new squeaky clean intake manifold out of this too.

Attachments

• EGR final fix.pdf
    488.1 KB · Views: 37

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Called the dealer and they said they have nothing on it. Said they would see if they can find out anything and get back to me.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I was scheduled for an appointment today with loaner. The dealer said that they have no loaner as per the states rules regarding loaner vehicles. I asked them about the recall EGR cooler and was advised that her records indicated they installed a new EGR cooler back in February. I said that a new part was available and the old EGR part was a temporary one since I still have an odor of coolant with a leak. The dealer service advisor said it’s the line to the turbo and not the EGR cooler. I asked how long will it take and she said the shop is working on a limited schedule because of the Covid - 19 epidemic and they have many Ecodiesel sitting outside. I decided to leave, might try and find another dealership that may help.

Mjmcdonnell09

Apr 22, 2020
Truck Year
My 2017 Ram Ecodiesel has been at the dealership since the beginning of March. Was on my way to work and the truck severely overheated and shut off on me. Of course this was right around the time of the pandemic breakout so I could not get a hold of anyone to tow. Just talked to FCA yesterday after getting runaround from service advisor and they told me the part for my truck won’t even ship out until late may. Service advisor also told me that it is going to take 2 days to fix once the part comes in. Hopefully this part coming in will be the new and improved part so I do not have to go back in again.

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'll just add that I have have also checked with my dealer yesterday after receiving the safety recall update above (that is the 2nd one btw) and they have told me NEW, IMPROVED part is not available yet and to call back in two weeks.

HoochRam

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
This is odd? Mines booked at my dealer for Tuesday. This is to have the new EGR fix put in and to also program the emissions module to get rid of the lag/hesitation from the previous bullshit fix, which turned out very bad

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
That's interesting, Mr. HoochRam - I would make sure they are not replacing with existing part, my apology if that sounds dumb, but someone else here was actually forced to do that to get their truck back on the road. I will add that since I have a "tuned" ECM, I will make it perfectly clear "do not EVEN touch my ECM". My read on that AIM 2.0 notice is that it is not mandatory. I'll tell them my truck drives just fine, thank you. :giggle:

HoochRam

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
I had only contacted them originally to reprogram the ECM as ever since the previous "so called" update I've experienced a bag lag/hesitation until the truck is warmed up. I only found out they plan on doing the EGR as well when it's in. I'll ask if this is the "fix" as I have not had any issues with mine to this point in time.
The original ECM recall for called the V16...the new one..."so called" fix is VA7. That's here in Canada. I'm not sure if it's different in the US?
I'll let them do this one, but will also be ordering a pedal commander.

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
The new cooler is being released one per dealer per week. Shop the smaller volume dealers in your area and have them order one with the gaskets and any other parts required.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I found a Ram dealer that had a courtesy loaner Ram on Friday. I explained to the service advisor over the phone I had the EGR replaced back in February. I mentioned to her I had another recall notice for the EGR. The service advisor said they have to inspect the parts before they can get the new EGR cooler sent. I probably should call customer care and let them know I have a coolant leak and received another notice about this EGR recall with my vehicle sitting in the shop hearing from the service advisor they don’t replace the EGR cooler during this recall unless it’s necessary.

HoochRam

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
Looks like my truck is getting the EGR fix after all

Confirmation Code:
X05ZH089SK

Vehicle:
2016 RAM RAM PICKUP 1500

Appointment Reminder

We know that you haven't forgotten, but we thought you would appreciate a quick reminder for your upcoming appointment.

You are reserved for service on:

April 28, 2020 at 08:30 AM
The following services have been selected for your vehicle:

Repair Services:
Recall or Factory Campaign Concerns (Point "here" first for important info.) - RECALL VB1 - 2014-2019 DS 3.0L DIESEL EGR COOLER
Recall 2 - RECALL VA7 - 2014-2016 3.0L DS WK 3.0L DIESEL PERFORM

Did you know that you can manage your appointment online? Click the following Appointment Details to make adjustments to your reservation.

For your convenience you can add this appointment time to your calendar using the attached file, if present, or by clicking the link below:

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I received a text message that the coolant leak was found and my warranty will cover it with a deductible. I contacted FCA customer care explaining that my dealer is using my max care warranty to repair the leak but charging a deductible. The FCA rep called the dealer but couldn’t reach the service advisor and left her a message regarding the EGR cooler recall is no cost. I was advised by customer care there was an open recall and the EGR cooler should be replaced with a new model, regardless, to prevent a coolant leak as per the recall notice. I received a call about 15 minutes later from the dealer that they will look into the claim. Dealers are clever. I have the extended AEM warranty that covers me as well. I will insist they make all necessary repairs. The customer care rep wasn’t happy the service advisor didn’t respond to her call.

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
Monday morning In at 7 Out at 10. Cooler manufacture date 200313 no cost.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
Monday morning In at 7 Out at 10. Cooler manufacture date 200313 no cost.
The only EGR coolers currently available are for 2014-2015 models only as per FCA customer care rep. My truck is a 2015 and will get the new designed EGR cooler. If anyone with a 2014-2019 and had the EGR cooler replaced. Make sure to monitor the coolant level and check for leaks. My EGR was replaced in February and it leaked.

greybear

May 5, 2018
Truck Year
I called the FCA recall number.. 2016 to 2019 parts are stated to be out in May..

I then called my dealer and asked about VB1 expressly. They confirmed that they have parts that can be ordered for 2017's but they stock nothing locally. I have a schedule for Monday 5/11 to confirm necessary parts for them to order or to find out they are not available.

Eta. I just searched my vin on recalls.mopar.com and it does say parts are available.

Eta 2. Dealer just called back and said no parts available yet.

Last edited: