• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Egr cooler

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
I'm almost regretting I ever looked up this recall stuff. I had the EGR recall performed Wednesday after being placed on a waiting list for a couple weeks. They said they replaced the EGR Cooler and re-programmed the PCM. My big question is, should I still be worried and should I be carefully watching my Temperatures rather than the MPG which I usually have showing? Are there any things I should be doing/not doing such as long idles, flooring it occasionally (to blow out carbon), etc? I have really been enjoying this truck so far, been getting 26 mpg with it around town and up/down the pass to my place. Have gotten 18 mpg hauling my Jet boat around, which is great... EPA sure screws vehicles with their emissions crap...

HoochRam

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
Looks like my truck is getting the EGR fix after all

Confirmation Code:
X05ZH089SK

Vehicle:
2016 RAM RAM PICKUP 1500

Appointment Reminder

We know that you haven't forgotten, but we thought you would appreciate a quick reminder for your upcoming appointment.

You are reserved for service on:

April 28, 2020 at 08:30 AM
The following services have been selected for your vehicle:

Repair Services:
Recall or Factory Campaign Concerns (Point "here" first for important info.) - RECALL VB1 - 2014-2019 DS 3.0L DIESEL EGR COOLER
Recall 2 - RECALL VA7 - 2014-2016 3.0L DS WK 3.0L DIESEL PERFORM

Did you know that you can manage your appointment online? Click the following Appointment Details to make adjustments to your reservation.

For your convenience you can add this appointment time to your calendar using the attached file, if present, or by clicking the link below:
Well I get the truck to the shop and they tell me the EGR fix for my truck is not there as it’s only the 14/15 they had a repair for..whatever I’ll wait
I did have the the emissions module reprogrammed. This was supposed to remove the lag/hesitation...well the fuckers slowed it even more!! I’m pissed..I either sell this thing and buy a Hemi or I lol at other ways such as a pedal commander and deleting the def system. Either way I have to try something. There’s so much hidden power that they have suppressed.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
Well I get the truck to the shop and they tell me the EGR fix for my truck is not there as it’s only the 14/15 they had a repair for..whatever I’ll wait
I did have the the emissions module reprogrammed. This was supposed to remove the lag/hesitation...well the fuckers slowed it even more!! I’m pissed..I either sell this thing and buy a Hemi or I lol at other ways such as a pedal commander and deleting the def system. Either way I have to try something. There’s so much hidden power that they have suppressed.
That's the exact same story I have from the other day! Took the day off work and everything for this bullshit!!

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
My 16 is going in tomorrow morning. How is yours working so far? And did it really only take yours 3 hours to get done?
All is well. No coolant leaks. Yes, in for inspection (about an hour) then returned the following week for repair. Monday morning first thing may have helped.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
My 16 was completed last week

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I just checked on the recall on my 17, it says repair incomplete and parts are available.

vinniegracci

Feb 13, 2020
Truck Year
My 16 was completed last week
Called FCA customer service after getting another automated message from my dealer which i cant seem to get through the service department for some reason. FCA said parts are indeed available so I will try to get it in next week.

Cj60

May 8, 2020
Truck Year
I am regretting not asking to see the old part. I need to be sure they actually replaced the cooler with the newly designed one. They said it was (thus the 2 week wait) but seeing quite a few people complaining that they just received a "new old-style"... I have the 2015 Tradesman model with tow pkg and am going to be pulling my jet boat all over this summer where we see a lot of 105+ deg days. I will hopefully figure out the whole "Tune/delete vs Just Tune" issue, but since they added 12k to the warranty (I'm at 57k right now) I had best wait until it's out of warranty.
Sure love this truck, but hate the anxiety I now get every time I get set for a road trip...