• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Delete options question

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Very simple question: is there a EGR Delete option (kit) that removes only the recirc tube/pipe between the EGR cooler and the intake manifold? I'm asking in the spirit of Keep It Simple and as near-to-stock as possible AND easily reversible. 99% of EGR Delete discussion I see on here deletes recirc tube AND the cooler itself so I might be missing something fundamental about this. I have the GDE tuned ECM on my 2015 Ram with 27k miles. I was going to go ahead and do the cooler recall/update and hopefully address this reliability weak link. I have third party extended warranty but also have the Dieselgate #1 ECM update (installed before GDE ECM) factory extended warranty that I might need to use at some point in the future, which again was motivation for keeping it reversible. I am NOT installing Dieselgate #2 update (obviously). Call me crazy, thanks for your feedback.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yes, most egr kits come with the Plates to just block off the tube. Mine is currently in that configuration

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I spent the extra 50$ on eBay and got all the parts so if I choose to have my egr fall completely off I have the plates on hand