• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Delete or not. Neeed Advise

ECOCrack

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here since my EGR cooler started leaking on my 2016 EcoDiesel. Sat at the dealers for 3 weeks. Now have new old stock replacement and AEM. Check engine light on now? Anyhow, the truck runs like shit. I have to push the accelrator down 3/4 of the way to get any rresponse (even when warm). I hate this truck now. I don't suppose the new EGR solution will come with a performce improvement? There is a local shop that will do an EGR delete but I have warranty left until next May. If I trade it, I get nothing and will be 25K-30K out of pocket. I can't drive it like this. Please help. Any suggestions?

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
We're all dealing with this, unfortunately. Usually I'm willing to trade a few months of warranty to fix drivability issues, but, there are enough cases of ED engine failures that I would keep the warranty intact as much as possible. Might be worth investing in a secondary ECU for tuning purposes and then leave your factory ECU stock.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Get rid of it, hopefully you caught it before it did too much damage but I’m willing to bet your intake needs replaced too

ECOCrack

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Get rid of it, hopefully you caught it before it did too much damage but I’m willing to bet your intake needs replaced too
Get Rid of the Truck or the EGR? How does the intake get damaged by this?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Get Rid of the Truck or the EGR? How does the intake get damaged by this?
The egr. Sorry to confuse. When the egr fails it dumps more soot into the intake along with coolant which mixes with the existing powdery soot in the plastic intake. Which ends up making basically sticky flammable concrete. This concrete packs the swirl valves on the bottom of the intake and eventually leads to a fire inside the intake, melting the intake and maybe the truck if you don’t catch it in time. This is to the best of my knowledge after reading up on posts and combining them together to provide you my view on it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Your choices are limited, Swallow the $ loss or delete and Keep, I agree with Tremper on this ,Go back and demand that the Plenum be replaced and hopefully the intake Valves are good. They get wrapped and its only time before fire if Plenum is soot laden.

Its sad reality Ecocrack. No vehicle owner in NA should have to be subject to such risk or loss in ownership.

Bragabrazill

Nov 13, 2019
Truck Year
It’s very unfortunate that we diesel lovers have to go through such problems when all we wanted was to invest great amount of $$ in a vehicle that “supposedly” was going to be great for years to come.
My 2016 truck is out of service since Oct 2019 with the same issues, I’ll have comments for resolution in some cases in just few weeks.
Bottom line: Ecodiesel - Never again!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
It’s very unfortunate that we diesel lovers have to go through such problems when all we wanted was to invest great amount of $$ in a vehicle that “supposedly” was going to be great for years to come.
Bottom line: Ecodiesel - Never again!
You can say that again. Bought mine thinking diesel, can’t beat it! But I got fortunate so far mine was used with 113k. Egr and plentum done at 109k. So far no issues in the motor other than glow plug. Deleted at 133k and I wish I had done sooner. I hope by investing in the now I have saved a future headache. I plan to buy a spare motor eventually just in case but my eco will see no babying or limping, strictly what I think it should be doing and I will continue to report on my progress with it.

longmire

Apr 9, 2020
Truck Year
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here since my EGR cooler started leaking on my 2016 EcoDiesel. Sat at the dealers for 3 weeks. Now have new old stock replacement and AEM. Check engine light on now? Anyhow, the truck runs like shit. I have to push the accelrator down 3/4 of the way to get any rresponse (even when warm). I hate this truck now. I don't suppose the new EGR solution will come with a performce improvement? There is a local shop that will do an EGR delete but I have warranty left until next May. If I trade it, I get nothing and will be 25K-30K out of pocket. I can't drive it like this. Please help. Any suggestions?
I was in same boat without my 15 eco for 6 weeks waiting on same parts. They just installed the UA7 update that came out last Friday.
Runs much better, like it use to before they started messing with it.

longmire

Apr 9, 2020
Truck Year
I was in same boat without my 15 eco for 6 weeks waiting on same parts. They just installed the UA7 update that came out last Friday.
Runs much better, like it use to before they started messing with it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You can say that again. Bought mine thinking diesel, can’t beat it! But I got fortunate so far mine was used with 113k. Egr and plentum done at 109k. So far no issues in the motor other than glow plug. Deleted at 133k and I wish I had done sooner. I hope by investing in the now I have saved a future headache. I plan to buy a spare motor eventually just in case but my eco will see no babying or limping, strictly what I think it should be doing and I will continue to report on my progress with it.

Your better off doing OA to establish Trend, The wear metals will show up long before Puking. Yes I now support missing parts. Readers I did 3+ years of testing, Unless your 95%+ HWY use its just to risky....Yes, Maybe I waited to long and errored, But My Judgement is sound. Its PO's me that VM/Fiat Unleased this on NA that in order for longevity and Much safer operation Owners MUST break laws to protect themselves from Harm and loss off $$$$$$$