• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Delete

tim5779

Nov 19, 2021
Truck Year
Hey guys. Who all has done the EGR delete? Would you recommend? Also, silly question....Do you HAVE to do a tune if you do the delete???

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
2015 30K miles engine went. Got a used motor and delete about $20K CAD. Can't get crate motors up here.

EGR, DPF, SCR/DEF inj ckt is gone. Straight pipe installed and EGR port blanks. Have all original parts returned to me from shop.
Some sort of tune, not sure which one.

Tune is required otherwise you will have faults and my guess eventual engine shutdown. So tune takes care of that plus other tweaks Im sure.

Pros:
No DEF, more power, economy and responsiveness (feels like a gas engine almost) but still a cool diesel.
We were always up against full DPF and doing stationary regens. Only drove short distance, and mostly off-road actually.

Cons:
Smelly and of course pollutes, but just a 3L. Not like we are a deleted 18 wheeler here.
Tune chuffs a bit when cold, but minor and only for first few mins
I feel shame (ala Slapshot)