• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Recall - Engine Failure

WBM

May 22, 2020
Truck Year
Here is what I can state as facts: EGR Recall was performed and within 20 miles of driving home the engine #4 cylinder let loose. Towed back to the dealership who advised 4 Eco Diesel EGR recalls have been perform in the past several weeks and 2 blown engines within miles. ????? Biggest issue I'm trying to resolve is my warranty (5yr came first) expired a week ago and the new engine will be warranty under the original warranty ( meaning no warranty),second is what generation engine are they using for the replacement which they can't answer until it shows.
Customer Service has open a case so I'm in limbo but wonder has anyone else experience this and what were your results?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It varies, Some times they covered it, other times NO, at any rate the engine is out of production and unless you can find a crated 2019 your SOL, and times are lengthy on Remans.

WBM

May 22, 2020
Truck Year
TC Diesel, Thanks and I'm afraid your advise rings true so far. Part number 14-18MY will be the engine FCA is shipping once they find one or produce one and the engine will come with 3yr/100K warranty. FCA Customer Service is trying to expedite shipping which might be hard if nothing is out there. My Gen3 question was answered with the part being a Gen2 block with Gen3 modification except the power train (?). Now I'm SOL with the fact my truck was for trailing my livelihood and neither the dealer or FCA will provide a loaner regardless how long it takes. More to come. Good luck with your EGR recall

WBM

May 22, 2020
Truck Year
It varies, Some times they covered it, other times NO, at any rate the engine is out of production and unless you can find a crated 2019 your SOL, and times are lengthy on Remans.
Thanks you the response.