• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Recall

Angelindisguise

Aug 10, 2021
Truck Year
Hello Dodge Ram Community,
I have been waiting almost 2 years for Dodge Ram Dealership to provide EGR for my truck.
My last call to them an employee told me I was nowhere in their computer. After telling her that I have documentation of visit, calls, dates and times, names, she said she would call me back. She did and booked me an appointment for Aug. 10th (today) for my trucks EGR replacement. I arrived at 7:45 and shuttle drove me home. I received a phone call stating my EGR software update was successful however they did not have the recall part. I told him my appointment was for the recall part and DMV was not sending my tags until it is done, I will be without transportation. He said he will work on it and call me back. 3 hrs went by so I called, he was short with me and said employee went to lunch at 11, another at 12 and other at 1:00 and he hadn't had time to talk to them. I waited 2 more hrs and called back, he said ma'am there is a lot of work going on here and I told you I would get back to you when I know something. That was 4:00.
It is now 5:15, the person just called and said he was on his way to shuttle me to dealership to pick up my truck. He would not say he installed the EGR, I have to wait until he picks me up to find out. I am a woman in my middle 60's and think I am getting the shaft. I will come back on here to let you all know my results. Has anyone else experienced such neglect at the Dodge Ram Jeep Dealerships?
Please let me know.
Thank you kindly.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your experience, but you are lucky your dealer will even touch it. There are stories of dealers refusing to take an eco into their shops. Hopefully they got you straight!

Angelindisguise

Aug 10, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your experience, but you are lucky your dealer will even touch it. There are stories of dealers refusing to take an eco into their shops. Hopefully they got you straight!
Thank you for your response!
The employee told me the EGR is still on order and they have no idea when it will arrive.
I just called them and told them about the Multi point inspection that was performed. They checked my cabin filter is good. (My truck doesn't have one)
They checked good for window washing fluid and wipers operation good. ( The same dust film is still on my window and shows it wasn't checked) and told them my truck was there for 8 hrs. and this is a dishonest report. The employee stated he is sure my truck was checked fairly and technician probably just blew through the inspection sheet. I stayed I wasn't satisfied so he told me to come in at my convenance and he will have a technician do inspection in front of me so I can watch. This made me feel better however I have read the class action lawsuits regarding the EGR causes Ram trucks to catch fire while driving. Please Google it and read it. 95 pages!