• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eh Hope & Change?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
A copy of a post from the other forum;

firemedic.br said:
@VernDiesel, As I mentioned in another thread some of us live in states where the GDE tune is prohibited. So were SOL. Thanks to the ever vigilant and oppressive OZ, I mean Newsom et al.
emoji2959.png
Firemedic, You are only SOL if you are content to be so. We can no longer buy a tune from or have a tune installed via a business in America due to gov legislative over reach. This merely pushed the tune sales/installation (via ECM modification IE emissions tampering) to outside of the US companies or makes us install the tune ourselves.

Between The FIRST to offer 14-18 RAM 1500/JEEP Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel ECU & Transmission Tune via OBD2 flash! or 2014-2018 Dodge Ram 3.0L Eco Diesel DPF, EGR Delete Kit or other companies like them.

And EGR Delete Kit (Stage 2 kit) or Eco Diesel Solution Some say screw sooting your engine/oil from the government tune AEM/EGR and waiting on an FCA paid or "free EGR cooler" and what they might actually cost you; bearing failure, fire, blown head gasket, vehicle down time. So you might consider spending a little coin to fix government intervention with an aftermarket tune and EGR cooler delete so that the leak is fixed permanently and you are done with it.

With these everybody should be able to have a stronger more fuel efficient and more reliable trouble free gen 2 Ecodiesel. (2014 thru 2020 Classic) Naturally both these things are only for your off road truck since apparently only politicians are allowed to break the law.

To drive/tow more safely with a 60 HP high output tune setting you would also need Edge Product CTS2 Insight 84130 gauge monitor

And Edge 98620 EAS Expandable EGT Probe Kit

I hope to have the first 10,000 hour plus gen 2 Ecodiesel motor. My first motor pushed a head gasket at a little over 7,000 hours & 371,500 miles. I believe because of running low coolant from not managing my EGR cooler leak well enough, soon enough. My second engine has 5,021 hours and 272,000 miles. Both motors spending over half their life towing a travel trailer or boat usually in the 5 to 7k weight range. Travel trailers also have lots of wind drag which is hard on a motor well and everything else. Long live the ecodiesel. Lol with EGR turn off tune and EGR cooler delete. Can it still slip a bearing and go bad yep but I like the odds a lot better.

BTW a person going the optional full delete engine tune doesn't have to buy the off road exhaust system. They can also gut the factory pipe and reinstall it to save some coin.

EDIT It appears you have to run your mouse over the text see the 6 links in this post.