• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electric power steering problem

fcolella

Mar 30, 2021
Truck Year
My 2016 ecodiesel's electric power steering is getting stiffer by the day. Anyone has had this problem? Any hints for solutions? Thanks

fcolella

Mar 30, 2021
Truck Year
Did some research and happily it was nothing serious like the electric steering electronic component. The steering universal joint had become stiff so I WD-40ied it and it loosened up in 45 seconds. This is the link to the video I found. It might help somebody. Cheers.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
My 2016 ecodiesel's electric power steering is getting stiffer by the day. Anyone has had this problem? Any hints for solutions? Thanks
lubricate the universal joint in the steering shaft between the box and column... that was the source of my issue 2 years ago..I bought a replacement but after greasing the needle bearing with lithium grease spray I havent had the issue return.

EDIT* sorry I need to be more patient before replying.