• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic throttle sensor

Jmshouse1887

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Hey im new to this forum. I recently bought a 2014 ED. When driving today i had the cruise set at 70 and it flashed low battery voltage and kicked outta cruise control. About two minutes later it gave me the electronic throttle sensor alarm and went into limp mode. I had zero peddal pressure but truck would run about 25 mph and 1800 rpms(even going down hill at a very steep grade). At idle it sits about the same rpms. Any clue on the issue? Ive been reading through this forum for the past few hours and it seems like everyone having the same issues have different outcomes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Hey im new to this forum. I recently bought a 2014 ED. When driving today i had the cruise set at 70 and it flashed low battery voltage and kicked outta cruise control. About two minutes later it gave me the electronic throttle sensor alarm and went into limp mode. I had zero peddal pressure but truck would run about 25 mph and 1800 rpms(even going down hill at a very steep grade). At idle it sits about the same rpms. Any clue on the issue? Ive been reading through this forum for the past few hours and it seems like everyone having the same issues have different outcomes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, multiple possibilities. First and foremost as long as the Electronic Throttle System Service message is displayed you will be in Limp Home Mode and your Regen Cycles will be STOPPED, thus filling your Diesel Particulate Filter creating another problem, so do not drive the vehicle. Now you will need to explore the Low Battery Voltage issue, first stop, check battery, type, voltage, age. OEM is Absorbed Glass Mat technology at 800CCA, then how old is the battery, at end of useful life. The alternator will require a modern voltage tester and a good battery, do not use an older style Pile Load Tester as the FCA system does not like the load. Once you clear the Electronic Throttle code you can determine if you can handle the rest of the issues or go to a reputable shop. you will be able to drive once the code is cleared.
Good Luck.

Jmshouse1887

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Wow, multiple possibilities. First and foremost as long as the Electronic Throttle System Service message is displayed you will be in Limp Home Mode and your Regen Cycles will be STOPPED, thus filling your Diesel Particulate Filter creating another problem, so do not drive the vehicle. Now you will need to explore the Low Battery Voltage issue, first stop, check battery, type, voltage, age. OEM is Absorbed Glass Mat technology at 800CCA, then how old is the battery, at end of useful life. The alternator will require a modern voltage tester and a good battery, do not use an older style Pile Load Tester as the FCA system does not like the load. Once you clear the Electronic Throttle code you can determine if you can handle the rest of the issues or go to a reputable shop. you will be able to drive once the code is cleared.
Good Luck.
Thanks for the response! Took the truck to the dealership today and they said it was a bad PCM.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the response! Took the truck to the dealership today and they said it was a bad PCM.
PCM is the worst case scenario, self help is the cheap, easy, items first to eliminate the big bad ones that only the dealer or reputable shop can handle.
Good Luck.