• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine blew

Rayburn88

Feb 28, 2020
Truck Year
Hey guys,
So little about my truck 2016 Ram 1500 Eco-Diesel Outdoorsman. Has 71k miles on it. Driving down the highway at normal highway speeds. Went to pass a vehicle and all of a sudden lost all oil pressure, truck went into limp mode, slowed down was able to get off the road thank god. Placed vehicle in park, shut vehicle off, tried to start vehicle and it wouldn’t even turn a 1/4 of the way over. Had it towed to the dealership but it doesn’t look good for the motor at all. So, waiting to hear back on the damage to the truck. Has anyone else had this happen and what was y’all s outcome?
Thanks in advance to all responses!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its been happening for 5+ years.
You will need to wait for the Dealers outcome, if spun bearings it requires New engine. The Problem now for Owners is the 2014-19 engine is out of production, So finding New or complete replacement is unlikely and you will be getting reman Long or short block.

Caveman

May 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys , I had this issue too. Fri day i was going to work and noticed a knocking noise then turned around made it about 2km and truck just died. Got towed owner of garage notified me i need a new motor. warranty 100,000/5 year actual mileage 106,000/3 year. I had my last oil change done at Mr.lube brought by own T6 and bought their Mopar filter. i have done a few oil changes myself and have six out of seven oil receipts, and have my km's and date marked. I wonder if chrysler canada will give me a break?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Caveman, Possibly, You will need to pressure them if them don't.

It saddens Me to read this so often.

For the readers, register and Keep Records, DIY , Post the place, Lube purchased and REC#

Here https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us.html

Allison

Mar 1, 2020
Truck Year
Hey guys,
So little about my truck 2016 Ram 1500 Eco-Diesel Outdoorsman. Has 71k miles on it. Driving down the highway at normal highway speeds. Went to pass a vehicle and all of a sudden lost all oil pressure, truck went into limp mode, slowed down was able to get off the road thank god. Placed vehicle in park, shut vehicle off, tried to start vehicle and it wouldn’t even turn a 1/4 of the way over. Had it towed to the dealership but it doesn’t look good for the motor at all. So, waiting to hear back on the damage to the truck. Has anyone else had this happen and what was y’all s outcome?
Thanks in advance to all responses!
Maybe you will get lucky and just be a sensor like what happened with mine. Same thing I was 6 hours from home on I-10 headed to Florida and my truck just shut into limp mode. Luckily I guess I was just getting into Beaumont TX(dealer was terrible) limped into the dealer and turns out it was my particulate filter was full. A sensor went out so it had not regened in a while. Took the stupid idiots a week just to get the sensor in but fixed it.