• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ENGINE COOLANT BYPASS VALVE

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
About a month ago the intake on my 2016 Longhorn diesel melted and had to be replaced. Two weeks ago it was in and they flashed it for the computer update, horrible performance since then but that's another story. A week ago I had the engine light come on and it went into limp mode for about 10 minutes. The light went off. Over the last 5 days the engine light has gone on and off 7 different times. They finally got me in at the dealer today.

They came up with a P26AB engine bypass valve 1 stuck. They also reprogramed RFH module with new software. Apparently that is something new that has come out in the past month.

They said the bypass valve needs to be replaced at a cost of just under $600 and it is not covered by warranty. The truck has 56,000 miles. Has anyone else had this problem? I find it troubling that the truck was in the shop for 2 weeks a month ago when the manifold melted (obviously a cooling issue) and had to be replaced (under warranty). Then it gets reprogramed and now there's a problem with the engine coolant bypass valve. The extended warranty mentions coolant components being covered but the engine bypass valve is not specifically mentioned. The dealer says it is not covered. I would appreciate any input from others out there.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
sorry 4 your problems Amazon has that valve for 250 I am sure u can find it cheaper elseware

Dustinhenderson1112

Dec 2, 2020
Truck Year
Do you have a part # for that valve because I cant see to find it anywhere, the one I do find is for the hemi and says it doesn't work for ED