• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

engine cooling fan failure at 60k miles

Jim mclennan

Jan 31, 2018
Truck Year
A/C wouldnt cool,hmmm. opened hood,fan wasnt turning,checked coolant reading on dash,245 degrees
usually runs 199 to 200. garage ckd it out,said it was out. put new one on 750 bucks. doin it again today.im pissed. fan not coming on. anybody else on this problem. i bet my other fan is still good!!!!!
thanx jim

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Did they check the fan correctly with PowerProbe? or the fuse/relay? WITECH?

Jim mclennan

Jan 31, 2018
Truck Year
He was confused on the Fuse/relay
I wish i could check the fuse relay myself. Is that possible to do? Thanx Tc. He said he ckd it with power probe but the new one doesnt work either. Hmmmm

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmm is right, Just jump it than, You can check any relay with the New Power Probe, Did he have WITECH? to manually start it, you can check the relay also with WITECH. Its best to have the tools to check it properly, or its $$$$ if you smoke something.

Jim mclennan

Jan 31, 2018
Truck Year
Hmm is right, Just jump it than, You can check any relay with the New Power Probe, Did he have WITECH? to manually start it, you can check the relay also with WITECH. Its best to have the tools to check it properly, or its $$$$ if you smoke something.

Jim mclennan

Jan 31, 2018
Truck Year
Its funny, i looked in the fuse box today and he said something to about where it says where the relays and the fuses are supposed to be in there all 4 are missing upposed to where they say they are on chart picture on the lid. I looked at my neighbors eco diesel and his are the same. So i guess those fuses and relays are supposed to be missing! And theres no more in there that goes to the fan! Shit ! I dont know. And also what degree is it supposed to kick on. And what is a danger zone for the oil and water temp. Thx