• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine dead. Fca trying to possibly deny warranty coverage

2fast4u

Jul 12, 2021
Truck Year
Hi boys & girls,

At 113000 KM black beauty died. 1500 ED 2019..

Dealer telling us they have 3 other trucks same issue but way earlier than ours..

classic story all over youtube & sure uve heard from alot of folks... i happened to be driving it that day knocking engine I didnt hear over screaming children until it was too late.

Appearantly one of our oil changes are over by 5000 km.

hubbys truck so im not 100% sure going by what they tell me..

So of course they r handing over to district manager to decide if we are worthy of using the extended warranty we paid for.

Just curious if anyone has any tid bits of knowledge to lend a sister in her time of need?

I feel like its absolutely impossible that one oil change way back when could lead to engine failure tens of thousands of km later. Oil was just changed at 102000 km so we wete still well within the parameters at time of failure.

Plus this is obviously not an isolated incident, its happening to many folks around north america & I need to make sure i know what im talking about if they call in a couple days trying to deny our coverage cuz this is complete BS.

TIA & have a wonderful day