• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine dies while driving

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
Towing a camper trailer and motor died leaving me with no power steering or power brakes. With over half a tank of diesel this happened 3 times while trying to make it to a gas station where it completely died. End of camping trip. Had the whole rig towed home then to the dealer on Monday where they looked at it for a week and still don't know what is wrong. Any ideas?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
W/O any trouble codes to help it would be hard to get an accurate diagnostics here.
HPFP failure?
Tone ring failure?
Could be many things...

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
Many many trouble codes but they came and went. Dash was very erratic with error codes flashing, gauge needles flickering, windshield wipers off and on, front and rear park sense goes off and on and I can hear relays clicking under the hood. Dealer thought it was the ignition module but no diff. after replacement.

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
Dealer says I have a bad wiring harness but they are no longer available so there is nothing they can do. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring harness for a 2016 dodge ram EcoDiesel?

Brucejan

Nov 26, 2019
Truck Year
Towing a camper trailer and motor died leaving me with no power steering or power brakes. With over half a tank of diesel this happened 3 times while trying to make it to a gas station where it completely died. End of camping trip. Had the whole rig towed home then to the dealer on Monday where they looked at it for a week and still don't know what is wrong. Any ideas?
Got a letter from FCA saying my 2014 eco-diesel could have the engine quit while driving. No fix yet.
Lo and behold, three days after receiving such letter.. my truck dies while driving. Never has happened before. Next day same thing. Low amp and low oil pressure came on dash.
Truck starts right back up. But, I’m no longer driving due to this happening.
Called my local dealer and they haven’t even heard of the recall. They gave me FCA’s phone number. I called and got nowhere with them. Was told to drive it to dealer to get diagnostic test. Explained I can’t drive it. No concerns on their end. Then after giving VIN to customer service representative he put me on hold “forever.” Then got told my truck was Canadian built and they can’t help me. I replied “yes it was.But, it was sold in the USA !!”
Got absolutely nowhere with FCA and no concern about the problem!!
Done with FCA !!

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
Dodge can't supply a much needed part for a 6 year old truck and no reason or solution for the problem. Their suggestion is "you can trade it in" or "find another wiring harness on line but we can not install it for you if you don't buy it from us" WTF!!! DONE WITH DODGE........ A friend of mine recently had the same thing happen to his 2017 Chevy Silverado but Chevy stocks the harness and had him back on the road in no time.

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
Towing a 5000 lb trailer in the mountains when the motor dies and the Dodge knows about the problem but won't fix it.
Massive safety hazard. I am reporting to NHTSA

RKS

Sep 19, 2019
Truck Year
One month and 2 dealers later I finally got my truck back. After Lodi Dodge said they could not fix it I had it towed it to Stockton Dodge who said they will fix it. Was told a large electrical plug was bad so after replacing the plug still won't work, the ECM is bad. I checked with MVP warr. who said the ECM is covered. Dealer called to let me know the truck is done but not covered under warr. since it was the plug that caused the ECM to go out. $4100.00 please... Massive safety hazard and this is what they are going to do about it.

I will be contacting my attorney.

Brucejan

Nov 26, 2019
Truck Year
That’s a crock of shit. I’m afraid we are all going to get it real good in a bad way!!

Stuckwithjunk

Aug 15, 2023
Truck Year
Towing a camper trailer and motor died leaving me with no power steering or power brakes. With over half a tank of diesel this happened 3 times while trying to make it to a gas station where it completely died. End of camping trip. Had the whole rig towed home then to the dealer on Monday where they looked at it for a week and still don't know what is wrong. Any ideas?cps sensor