• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Failure on EcoDiesel

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Yes, Pennzoil Ultra Euro part# 68001334PB, is the correct oil and that what is printed on my invoice from the dealer.

The concern, that I'm trying to figure out, that my oil test, says my SAE is 15w40. I can't find that viscosity online, just 5w30.

If the oil test is correct (I doing another one with another lab to be sure) then I have the wrong oil, doesn't meet specs (MS-11106 (MB-229.51) and wrong viscosity for winter weather.

I requested Pennzoil Ultra Euro part# 68001334PB, which is 5w40.

u130747

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Actually that part number 68001334PB is 5w-30. My guess is they put the correct part number that is 5w-30 on the invoice but filled your crankcase with something else probably the oil for the cummins which is 15w-40 and not good for the ecodiesel. By the way the only weight oil that meets spec for eco diesel is 5w-30 not 5w-40.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the confirmation. I suspected that, as mentioned in previous post. Didn't get my oil test until Friday, so just beginning to pursue the matter first with FCA, another test with another lab and then confrontation, no doubt. Appreciate those on the forum giving me feedback, regardless how small the info is. All adds up.

So far, I haven't seen any issues, great power, smoothness, quiet, clean coolant, same colour as day one, a great oil test, other than SAE wrong, and wrong oil, nothing to indicate any problem, but, I'm concern about longevity, reliability and what could happen after warranty. So, I be chasing someone for a solution to my concerns.

One item is definitely going to be replaced or two.?

I am wondering, how much of the issue of the EcodDiesel is the result of Dealers cheating FCA.

Last edited: