• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

engine failure this morning

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I hear Ya VWRICK, FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles/America is not the problem, Its Fiat/VM Europe.

That Tone ring had early failures years back, and Has steady increased with mileage use, This info was recorded By FCA shared with Fiat/VM.

805JARHEAD

Apr 2, 2020
Truck Year
This is getting out of control.
Like I talked about on a previous previous post.
On my 3rd engine (replaced at 56,000 and 114,000 miles). Now I'm at 136,000 miles and starting to feel the m power loss again. I hope I won my buyback lawsuit before this engine goes out again. I can't afford to be without a truck again for 35 days like the last 2 times!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
805, What's M Power loss, I hear out of control their are X owners on 3rd Engine.

805JARHEAD

Apr 2, 2020
Truck Year
Typo TC Diedel.
I was saying that I felt the loss of power right before the engine went out the last 2 times.
Hope this isn't happening again and they take the truck back before it happens. I love the truck cab and style so I'm just gonna go to as 2500 Cummins engine now.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That sound like she's hurt, The Echo means its not injector related in My Opinion, You will be joining the 3rd engine Club.

Jersey

Feb 4, 2021
Truck Year
So reading about engine failure, bought a 2019 brand new and was told all fixes had been done to the engine. Had the truck for and drove it for half a year, had 12000 mm’s on it. My husband told me it didn’t sound right and to take it in. I had just had it into to dealership a month prior for first oil change and all was good. So took it in and was told my truck needed a brand new engine. This was end of September. Was told at first I would have it back end of November, but when November came was told there was no engine yet. Then told end of February and was told today that they have no idea when they would get my engine. So my truck has been sitting at the dealership for 5 months and counting. I am now at the point of walking away from the truck. The dealership can have it back and I will go buy something else.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Jersey, their was NO production in 2018-19 ecodiesel, Fiat stored 2017 builds until after the AEM settlement, and label those trucks as 2018-19. The failures were well known 2014-16 unfortunately you believed lies.

I probably in your case, find a lawyer willing to take your case and Sue the Dealership that sold it to you and Fiat, by law you will have mention FCA in your law legal Actions.

Jersey

Feb 4, 2021
Truck Year
Jersey, their was NO production in 2018-19 ecodiesel, Fiat stored 2017 builds until after the AEM settlement, and label those trucks as 2018-19. The failures were well known 2014-16 unfortunately you believed lies.

I probably in your case, find a lawyer willing to take your case and Sue the Dealership that sold it to you and Fiat, by law you will have mention FCA in your law legal Actions.
So what you are telling me is that the truck that is a 2019 Classic body style as they call it was a stored fiat engine that they waited until after the AEM settlement and used those old engines in my truck? So the engine we are waiting on now won’t be new? Just a rebuild?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, End of NOV 16 Fiat had to stop Selling 3.0VM 1500s. Their were already 1000s of ordered 3.0VM in transit, Plus you cannot stop production in just days it takes Months of stopping the production. The reason I know this, I have VIN#s back in 2017 from buyers that ordered and since Fiat could not deliver they sat for 2 years in lots or warehouses through the world. I ran these VIN #s in 2019-20 just to find out their were model years 2018-19.

Now the 2014-(17)19 engine is out of production who knows were replacement are being Reman-ed now.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I'm just going to guess on this.

In 2019 Ram had the new Body style and the Classic,Hence they kept the classic body style so Fiat could dump the rest of the 2017 produce 3.0VM on NA soil...... If enough lawyers and 2018-19 owners get together it will be another scandal IMO for the 3.0VM Cento Italy.

805JARHEAD

Apr 2, 2020
Truck Year
Update!!!
03/15/2021. Going home from work, I started hearing the clicking noise again. As soon as I hear it. I started recording and here it goes. Sure as heck, my engine flatlines again. 3rd ENGINE PUT IN. IM DONE WITH FCA's ECODIESEL!!!

Jersey

Feb 4, 2021
Truck Year
Update we walked away from my truck and took a used Nissan Armada off their lot that was a 2020 with 2000km. At this point we would not have seen my truck forever and the car rental bill was 9600$ that FCA was paying. I miss my truck but as it sounds like on here I would have probably had to replace the engine again. The dealership is selling my truck on their used lot with no mention of a newly replaced engine.