• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Failure

Paulh

Aug 22, 2020
Truck Year
I had sudden engine failure on July 2, 2020 with my 2016 and from what I have seen I am not alone. I am within warranty at 70,334 miles but claim has been denied because I could not provide record of the fuel filter being changed. I am not the original owner and could only provide records of oil and filter changes since I purchased it in May 2019. I have not changed the fuel filter but the vehicle gave no indications that was a concern. I am appealing the denial and have until Sept 3 to submit documents with the appeal. I welcome thoughts on how best to handle the appeal.

When the engine failed I was going up a mountain on Route 58 near Meadows of Dan Virginia. The truck was driving great but suddenly the check engine light came on. I was able to pull off at an overlook but the engine locked up. Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Many have stood their Ground and FCA capitulated, Its common and No surprise to me, The replacement if covered has the same risk.

What does the puking have in connection to the fuel filter...
Also why did you not perform complete service on a use vehicle? indications are NOT signs for maintenance, Although not connected to the failure leaves the door open for denial.

Paulh

Aug 22, 2020
Truck Year
Many have stood their Ground and FCA capitulated, Its common and No surprise to me, The replacement if covered has the same risk.

What does the puking have in connection to the fuel filter...
Also why did you not perform complete service on a use vehicle? indications are NOT signs for maintenance, Although not connected to the failure leaves the door open for denial.

Paulh

Aug 22, 2020
Truck Year
Hind sight is 20/20 and knowing what I know now I would have done things differently. I feel sure the prior owner properly maintained the vehicle but can not get records on it. I hope others see these problems and have all that is needed if they need to make a warranty claim. Thank you

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK , Do NOT tired out. This type of failure is common, My guess 10K+ engines have been replace.