• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Fire

Peter.Turple

Aug 29, 2019
Truck Year
I did own a 2015 Eco Diesel until last evening when it burst into flames back be the turbo & was unable to control it & the entire truck burned. For the past 5 months the truck was lagging & almost stalling during acceleration & I have had it to the dealer several times trying to have this repaired & the last time (2 weeks ago) I was told it was a emissions programming issue that Dodge have them running too lean now & there was no program to fix this right now & they would contact me when 1 comes available. Was anyone else told this & end up where I'm at while waiting for this magical fix? The truck always ran perfect until it reached around 130,000 K but has been crap ever since.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Does the truck sit outside? Rodent possibly, was the sound foam intact or removed...

The common denominator with most fires is the turbo area...but some have burst into flames hrs and even days later after being shutdown.

Peter.Turple

Aug 29, 2019
Truck Year
This was a daily driver & can't imagine a rodent getting into this while it was parked for 8 hrs.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
If u ever buy another eco take the top cover and the two foam pads off of the valve covers it will help to stop engine fires

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
If u ever buy another eco take the top cover and the two foam pads off of the valve covers it will help to stop engine fires
and in addition to what carlhenry said, get your ECU TUNED to shut off the egr which is probably the root cause of the fires, all this soot accumulating in the intake, stuck egr valves, overheating the intakes...