• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine oil leak

ShanePi

Sep 1, 2019
Truck Year
Was -4 F or -20C last weekend here and truck developed a severe oil leak, drivers side rear of engine. Looked under and oil was being flung around by driver's side front axle, making it difficult to pin down. Thank you brake clean. Found oil temp sensor had come loose. Just tightened. It's a 2018 Ram 40000mi. Don't know if vibration and or extreme temperature swing. But all ok now.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Was -4 F or -20C last weekend here and truck developed a severe oil leak, drivers side rear of engine. Looked under and oil was being flung around by driver's side front axle, making it difficult to pin down. Thank you brake clean. Found oil temp sensor had come loose. Just tightened. It's a 2018 Ram 40000mi. Don't know if vibration and or extreme temperature swing. But all ok now.
nice, glad it was easy to track down and you got it taken care of!

MXZ0588

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I just encountered the same issue. I just had the timing chain cover gasket replaced under warranty and figured that was the issue again. Dealer called me last night and said the oil temp sensor is leaking and needs to be replaced. only cost 150 bucks, but wish I seen your post. What a mess it made, so it was tough to tell.