• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine problem...possible cause

patricedufresne

Mar 21, 2017
Truck Year
Hi there, I am new to this and glad to learn and share more about my ED truck. I have had it for just over a year and put 15000Km on it. I have a friend who owned one back in 2015 before they issued the radiator cloth cover. His engine blew up after only 58000km. It sounds like the engine had a hard time staying hot consequently not burning the fuel completly thus leaving black traces of what looks like carbon or something. I could see this in the pictures he took when they opened up his engine. Has anyone had similar problems? Have you always used that radiator cover they gave you when you purchased the truck? Did they even give you such cover? Please leave constructive comments! Other than that the truck spent a week at the dealer ,,,,apparently a faulty sensor (intake air flap they said). The check engine light had come on and stayed on until they finally figured it out!

John

Nov 13, 2015
Hi there, I am new to this and glad to learn and share more about my ED truck. I have had it for just over a year and put 15000Km on it. I have a friend who owned one back in 2015 before they issued the radiator cloth cover. His engine blew up after only 58000km. It sounds like the engine had a hard time staying hot consequently not burning the fuel completly thus leaving black traces of what looks like carbon or something. I could see this in the pictures he took when they opened up his engine. Has anyone had similar problems? Have you always used that radiator cover they gave you when you purchased the truck? Did they even give you such cover? Please leave constructive comments! Other than that the truck spent a week at the dealer ,,,,apparently a faulty sensor (intake air flap they said). The check engine light had come on and stayed on until they finally figured it out!

Some interesting reading here http://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/threads/blown-motors-eco-diesel.1324/#post-10861