• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine stalled while driving

chrisamiana

Apr 6, 2023
Truck Year
Engine made a loud clanking sound for 10 seconds while driving on hwy then it stalled and won't restart. What could have caused this?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just another Failure............?

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
This is your support group. It's ok ...cry it out.
When one of us goes through it, we all go through it.
We've been there, we know what it's like.

Kbrubaker3

Aug 10, 2021
Truck Year
Grab a beer or take some shots before you read this. This just happened to me 3 weeks ago… total engine failure. The engine seized up and I need a total engine replacement. No one is willing to even think about rebuilding it. Here is the biggest punch to the gut, $15k-$17k to replace the engine. I am currently waiting for my extended warranty people to light a fire under their ass to replace it. They could not believe the $17k price point for a new engine. My truck is only worth $20k so it will be interesting to hear what they want to do. Hopefully by Monday I’ll have an answer.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If I would take shots before all the failure's I be would drunk 4+ Days a Week.... K-3, If you keep the VM ED, place it on a Steady Diet of OA Trends, and GDE EI Tune, First sign of elevated OA trends sell.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
Only 30K miles on ours, and $5K in service later, the engine was finally running OK (no CEL), had the new EGR before failing in city driving.

I went with a used motor and full delete/tune, $20K CAD total. The engine spins freely and drives great, but smelly.

I think there is a difference between pushing against restriction (the DPF) and creating torque. Ours was constantly fighting the DPF and going up and down hills in short trips.