• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Excessive oil temperatures

sallieric

Jan 22, 2023
Truck Year
We used to have a problem with our transmission overheating while towing. We replaced the transmission heater and solved the problem. Now the engine oil temperatures are excessive while towing. The trailer we are towing is well within the towing weight for the truck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
All Ram 3.0 VM have two Heat exchangers 1 for lube the other for Trans Fuild, it's really a shifty design and prone to failure.... the Temps are controlled by 3-way Coolant Valve.

sallieric

Jan 22, 2023
Truck Year
We replaced the transmission heater because after 20000 on a new truck, the transmission started overheating while pulling a trailer. The dealer did nothing to fix the problem. At that time oil temperatures were low while the transmission got to 275. It never through a code. Now the transmission temperature is great while oil temperatures get too high.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
All Ram 3.0 VM have two Heat exchangers 1 for lube the other for Trans Fuild, it's really a shifty design and prone to failure.... the Temps are controlled by 3-way Coolant Valve.
I thought the ECo would defuel if oil hit 255. His didn't. Guess I have wrong info

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
John... Never heard that...Defueling would not lower the Temps... only the power..... if the source is 1500diesel.XXX Mods is equivalent to CNN fake information.

sallieric

Jan 22, 2023
Truck Year
Our truck has never defueled when the oil temperature was 260. It did when the transmission was overheating.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John... Never heard that...Defueling would not lower the Temps... only the power..... if the source is 1500diesel.XXX Mods is equivalent to CNN fake information.
Our truck has never defueled when the oil temperature was 260. It did when the transmission was overheating.
Maybe I got my oils mixed up. Maybe it's tranny oil that will defuel at 255 or ??
sallieric, do you remember what temp the tranny oil refueled at?