• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Brake for EcoDiesel

Davie 1

Jan 21, 2017
Truck Year
Has anyone heard of an exhaust brake for the 1500 eco diesel ????
Have a Cougar 5th wheel and would sure like to get one.
Kinda scary when going down a steep hill.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Has anyone heard of an exhaust brake for the 1500 eco diesel ????
Have a Cougar 5th wheel and would sure like to get one.
Kinda scary when going down a steep hill.
It's available through a tune, not sure about just adding a stand alone hard part. Search GDE...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Radio_Flyer

Oct 3, 2016
Truck Year
Banks may be working on one or have one, not showing on their site, the GDE has an option for the exhaust brake, I added it to my order.

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
Read where GDE is finalizing an upgrade to their engine brake option in the near future. Giving it a bigger operating range than what it has now. Wait and see.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Read where GDE is finalizing an upgrade to their engine brake option in the near future. Giving it a bigger operating range than what it has now. Wait and see.
I've seen that too. It will also have the ability to turn it on/off which will be a must considering the operating ranges they'll use. If not, it would greatly impact unloaded driveability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
We will find the happy balance for more effectiveness at lower rpm without impacting city traffic driving. Maybe more braking down to 1800 rpm in gear 5 and 6, then a bit higher threshold in gears 3-4.

navyr113

Aug 8, 2016
Truck Year
I'm definitely wanting this in the new future for my truck. Waiting to see about what flashes FCA are trying to force on us first so I don't lose my GDE a week after I get it...