• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust brake

moparandy

Nov 26, 2021
Truck Year
I miss the exhaust brake i had on my 6.7 anything availble for the Eco diesel?

Rampage Roommate

Jan 22, 2018
Truck Year
The GDE tune offers an "engine brake" option. I have that on mine and it really helps when towing. Often I don't even need to use my brakes when descending a hill.

moparandy

Nov 26, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks I live very rural and got accustomed too using the exhaust brake on my 6.7. The tune your talking about is it a switch or on all the time?

Rampage Roommate

Jan 22, 2018
Truck Year
It's on all the time. When going down a hill just tap your brakes and it will kick in.

Rampage Roommate

Jan 22, 2018
Truck Year
You'll also like the improved drivability of the tune...no hesitation, improved MPG, cleaner engine, etc. I easily get over 30 mpg on the highway, 15 mpg+ towing a 7,000 lb. trailer. Just make sure all the dealer work (recalls, etc., especially software updates) are done before getting the tune.

moparandy

Nov 26, 2021
Truck Year
Is that a stage 1 or 2 tune? All my re-calls done but have an transferred 3 party warranty that has 2 more years

Rampage Roommate

Jan 22, 2018
Truck Year
I'm sorry. I don't understand stage 1 or stage 2. The tune updates your ecm and tcm for improved drivability. And, it's EPA compliant so you're not breaking any laws or screwing up the environment. Mine is still under manufacturer's warranty and I too have a third party extended warranty. No one will know you have a tune unless you tell them so warranty claims shouldn't be an issue. However, before you take it back to the dealer for any work you should reinstall the stock tune incase they flash your system so they won't copy over performance your tune.

Mopar

Jul 13, 2021
Truck Year
I miss the exhaust brake i had on my 6.7 anything availble for the Eco diesel?
I was thinking i read in the owner manual, if the button on for towing there is some kind of engin brake. I tryed it once after reading this and it felt like there one. I didn't have a trailer on to get a good test . I got a 2015 could be different on other years.