• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust filter 100% Full

Brian1

Feb 2, 2019
Truck Year
I live in Iowa. Recently it has been -23 degrees for 48 hours. My 2015 Eco Diesel was parked in my unheated shed and plugged in for both days. I did not drive it until it warmed up to -9 degrees. The truck started right up and as soon as I started it I got the service Electronic Throttle Control error code on my dash. I called the dealer and was told the truck is trying to gel up and to put additives in the tank. I did so and kept driving. The truck lacked power and did not like to reach speeds greater than 70 mph. I drove almost 300 miles over the next two days without any change. I purchased a new fuel filter and changed it this afternoon. When I took it for a test drive I received the Exhaust filter is 100% full message and to take it to the dealer for servicing.
1. Do all dealers have this equipment to empty the filter?
2. Short of building a heated garage, what else could I have done to prevent this?
3. Is there a way to delete the exhaust filter to prevent this problem?

John

Nov 13, 2015
The dealer can force a regen with the WiTech tool. What often happens is with the service Electronic Throttle Control error, the truck will not start a regen and the filter will soon reach 100% full. If you could clear the code the truck would regen as it should. Of course you might have to diagnose the root cause of the error before the code can be cleared.

The exhaust filter can be deleted but would require a tune such as the GDE tune and the exhaust would have to be altered.

I hope this helps.

Brian1

Feb 2, 2019
Truck Year
John,
What would it cost to delete the exhaust filter and add the GDE tune and alter the exhaust? Who would I get to do this?

Thanks for your help.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Look up Green Diesel Engineering. They offer a tune and could point you in the right direction. I don't know the cost. They cannot ship to CA though.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Brian is in Iowa so he's good to go with GDE. If Califunny hit -23 degrees for 48 hours there would be mass hysteria and the illegals would return to their native countries. o_O (y)

EcoClay95

Dec 12, 2018
Truck Year
The flo pro race pipe is about 250 and the off road option from gde is an extra 100 on top of it. If you’re handy the exhaust isn’t too hard.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Brian is in Iowa so he's good to go with GDE. If Califunny hit -23 degrees for 48 hours there would be mass hysteria and the illegals would return to their native countries. o_O(y)

Yeah I saw that in his first post. I thought I'd throw it out there for general information.

Brian1

Feb 2, 2019
Truck Year
I wanted to give you an update. I took it to the dealer and they could not manually force the regen. They were getting the code that the Cat Converter was 100% full and would need to be replaced. FCA said many of the converters that were being returned were still good and suggested that the dealer clean all of the grounds associated with the exhaust filter so they did this before ordering a new converter. Cleaning the grounds worked and the truck has worked flawlessly since. The truck has 59K miles on it and I'm beginning to wonder if I want to keep past 100K miles when the warranty runs out. Any suggestions?

Brian1

Feb 2, 2019
Truck Year
The flo pro race pipe is about 250 and the off road option from gde is an extra 100 on top of it. If you’re handy the exhaust isn’t too hard.
So if I put on the put on the Flo Race Pipe, will this eliminate the need for DEF?

whiskytangofoxtrot

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
SO I got this code and the throttle one the other day and truck went into limp mode, Pulled DPF pressure washed it out, and the codes did not disappear, said "see Dealer" I went to a local guy and he forced a regen, all codes are gone, and its running great. Best of all avoided the stealer

LouisianAnimal

Apr 14, 2019
Truck Year
I just bought a 2014 ecodiesel with 51k miles. I'm not familiar with diesels or the "regen" process. I did what the the screen, owners manual, the internet & others who were familiar with this process. Drove it abt 20 miles,motor was fluctuating

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If you want that pipe, you better get it now. Flo Pro will no longer sell them in the US and as soon as stock is gone - its gone.