• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Filter 100% Full

JBogey

Feb 10, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ecodiesel (got in 2016) and had to get the regen done November 2021 for the first time. Now in Feb 2023 I'm back at a dealership. They are trying to charge me $4500 for a new exhaust filter. I asked about a regen and they said it couldn't be done because it was too dirty. Told them to try and he said it's no guarantee to work, but I figure it's better to try at $270 and see if it works. If it does not, and I'm not optimistic for some reason, what suggestions are out there? These folks don't seem to know anything about desooting. Is that something a dealership has to do and should suggest being done? Do you think that would solve my problem even if it takes many desooting attempts? $4500 is insane and obviously can't just throw that type of money around. Is there anything further you can explain about the desooting process so I can relay that to whoever I have attempt to do it? 131K miles on it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
PM sent.........

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
Should be covered by the extended warranty given with the FCA emissions lawsuit settlement with the EPA.

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
How long does that extended warranty last?
My truck is 2014, had 97K miles when the “upgrade” was done in 2019, so I got 48,000 miles or 4 years…covers a lot of stuff, just had my DEF system replaced last month, need a thermostat now and it’s covered too, all the EGR components as well.
FCA has all the info listed by VIN.

JBogey

Feb 10, 2023
Truck Year
Got the DPF replaced with warranty! Thanks for your help.