• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust System Regeneration in Process

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Just an FYI and my thoughts post. Got my 2016 with 27500 miles 3-4 months ago. SFT tuned for a month now, Running diluted DEF for a month also. Love the change in performance from the tune by the way . I don’t know how it was driven before I got it but I have 31000 on it now and up until two weeks ago I was driving an hour to and from work, Half of the commute was full temp 70 mph driving. Last two weeks started a different jobsite 15-20 minutes from home probably 500 miles total with No highway driving ! Maybe getting close to full temp one way. Got the message in the picture when I started it up to take the garbage down after getting home from work today so I decided to take er on a little rip. Drove 6 miles at approximately 60 mph-2k rpm 7th gear locked in, Turned around and Drove 6 miles back home the same speed and rpm and while turning off the main road, The regen was complete and the message disappeared. Like a couple well known members on here will tell ya and this maybe validates it, These trucks are not grocery getters. They need to be brought up to full operating temperature and driven. Tuned or not, To avoid some if not noticed and addressed, Issues. A3A76636-92DC-4AE4-A07F-3CB1F36F2AF1.jpeg

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I highly recommend an add on gauge package, EDGE CTS 2 or 3, or SCANGAGE, I've used both and prefer the EDGE. I'm considering selling the SCANGAGE. I'd also strongly recommend ALFAOBD & a DONGLE for it, it allow for a forced REGEN if needed. I also run an SFT stg 1 tune, & my EDGE reads SOOT MASS differently than stock, I think it's a function/result of the tune, it will go to 50% & then up to 100% fairly quickly and I can expect a REGEN soon. It does a REGEN at about 225 miles in between them. I have seen the 80% message ONE TIME, before tuning and that prompted the gauge package, when it starts a REGEN I drive until it's done, about 10-12 miles.

Wayneo

Aug 23, 2020
Truck Year
I have a stock /18 ED with 42000 km. I am averaging 220 mi. between regens according to Scangauge. Have been using Max mileage fuel catalyst for about 5000km. Bought truck last July with about 32000km. on it.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Can the Scangauge do everything the cst2 can do minus the force regen?

Wayneo

Aug 23, 2020
Truck Year
I believe so. Read and clear dtcs plus read 4 gauges or readings at a time from many available.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks Wayneo . Caveman can you confirm what the Scangauge can and cant do compared to the cst2 ? Might be interested if you’re selling

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
They're pretty close in functionality, the scangage will have some binary programming that will need done, it's all available online but has to be input into the scangage, it will tell you The critical EGT'S and SOOTMASS, and regen on or off. Scangage was originally an economy gauge, you will need to buy scangagex to have the programmability. You will also be limited to 4 gauges on the screen & that was my reasoning for going to an EDGE, THE 3 WILL SHOW 12 or 16 GAUGES.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the info caveman. Sounds like the cts2 would be the way to go

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the info caveman. Sounds like the cts2 would be the way to go
If I had to do it over I would go with the 2, I bought the CTS 3 thinking that since the 2 would force a REGEN that the 3 would too since it's a step up. It may be there, but I haven't found it. I don't think either one actually "supports" the ECO. The CTS 2 will have fewer gauges available than the 3.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Mine is programmed and ready, not convinced to sell it yet tho, it'll still proved the info I demand if the EDGE should die. The SCANGAGE programming isn't hard, they just don't allow much time to enter each parameter, I think it's 5 lines of binary to enter, I downloaded the info from the site & printed each one on a separate sheet.