• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

F-150 ecoboost problems.....OMG!!!!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I have read a few problems with our ecodiesels (none for me so far) so out of curiosity I googled a couple ecoboost forums.

Now I'm of the mind that if one goes looking for something one will find it. But, the pages upon pages, and forum after forum of complaints by f150 owners is overwhelming!

Could this be a case of ford selling more trucks then the rest. So they will have a larger percentage of issues. Or is the number one selling truck in America really that bad?

According to ford. The take rate for an ecoboost powered truck through 2014 is 40%. But it seems like almost all of the complaints come from these owners. Very few v8 owner complaints.

I know a few people that drive f150's and these trucks have all been very reliable. One has an 03 4.6 with 275k. Never had an issue. None of the ford drivers I know, drive the ecoboost though.

Any one here come from a problem rattled f150?

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
I have NO Ford friends... :D

I don't read the ford forums but I can say ive not heard much talk about them being junk, but good info. I was not in danger of buying one anyways but at least ill have good ammo to tell ford owners.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I have NO Ford friends... :D

I don't read the ford forums but I can say ive not heard much talk about them being junk, but good info. I was not in danger of buying one anyways but at least ill have good ammo to tell ford owners.

Friends don't let friends drive fords. Lol

Dodgehemi0

May 17, 2015
I had one and at 17k motor went bang. 31 days later I had a new motor. Never trusted it again that's why I have a Eco diesel now.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Wow. That sounded bad! It's never good when your gas motor starts to sound like a diesel.

I'm surprised it's still driving. Did it eventually completely quit?

Dodgehemi0

May 17, 2015
Wow. That sounded bad! It's never good when your gas motor starts to sound like a diesel.

I'm surprised it's still driving. Did it eventually completely quit?
Ford replaced it took 30 days. I traded it off several days later for my ED.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
My two boys, each have the F150, one 2014 and one 2015. So far, but too early, all is well. They are watching mine, if all goes well, they will trade to EcoDiesel when time come up.

The 2015 unit has an undesirable trailer hook up, unlike my EcoDiesel. When trailer camping, my RV battery can get low. Not a problem, just back in my EcoDiesel, plug the 7 pin trailer plug. It bring up the battery overnight without truck running and locked. With the 2015 F150, no go, with key off, the battery line voltage is gone at the 7 pin trailer plug. He was force to use boosting cable instead. Just a nuisance I guess. But good to be aware of it.

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Wow never had any of these problems just the poor hitch

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
it a factory installation, hitch/brake controller. I'm assuming that the way they wired up the system. no doubt there are some pro to it.

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
I had ford trucks all my life... my first was a 350 dually.. I like big trucks.. I also had a Landscape comp.. I have had many new trucks in my life.. but this time when it was time to invest in another new truck , I researched.. even stopped at a Ford dealer.. but I had been driving a 2500 Ram v 10.. and I really like it.. It was 2003.. but when I saw this eco diesel and rode in it.. I divorced Ford .. I will have this truck for awhile.. so ford would have to really come out with something totally fantasic to ever get me back.. if I am going to spend $50,000 or more.. on a truck it is going to be a RAM diesel I will not go back to a gas engine.. I love the way my truck sounds.. and I now I even notice other diesel trucks from the sound.. mine is much more quiet the the chevy duramax that was at the grocery store today!!!. over the course of my carreer I had heavy equipment that was all diesel and I still have my first skidsteer.. so diesel out lives gas engines hands down. However I used to run my trucks till they died .. and was to cheap to buy a new truck.. now that I am early retired I like having a new truck so I will keep this till the warranty is up and buy another new RAM