• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA REPLACING MOTOR

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
2016 RAN 107,000 MILES NO PROBLEMS AND THEN THE FIRE IN THE INTAKE CAUSED BY EGR THAT THE DEALER DID NOT KNOW THE REASON FOR( BEFORE THE RECALL) FOR THE BURNED INTAKE. DEALER FLASHED THE ECM AND THE TROUBLE STARTED . NUMBER 6 INJECTOR STUCK OPEN AND FLOODED THE PISTON AND BENT THE PUSH ROD. WITH THE INJECTORS COVERED THE LAW SUITE IT COVERED ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY COVERED PARTS. NEW CRATE MOTOR WILL BE INSTALLED BY TUESDAY NEXT WEEK WITH NO PARTS USED FROM MY OLD MOTOR. SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH FCA BUT I CAN'T COMPLAIN. MY BE MY DEALER TALKING TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE .

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
I WONDER IF I WILL HAVE THE LAG PROBLEM STILL WITH NEW MOTOR AND NEW EGR.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That is awesome, it is nice that some dealers stand behind their products. Let us know how the new engine performs..

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
2016 RAN 107,000 MILES NO PROBLEMS AND THEN THE FIRE IN THE INTAKE CAUSED BY EGR THAT THE DEALER DID NOT KNOW THE REASON FOR( BEFORE THE RECALL) FOR THE BURNED INTAKE. DEALER FLASHED THE ECM AND THE TROUBLE STARTED . NUMBER 6 INJECTOR STUCK OPEN AND FLOODED THE PISTON AND BENT THE PUSH ROD. WITH THE INJECTORS COVERED THE LAW SUITE IT COVERED ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY COVERED PARTS. NEW CRATE MOTOR WILL BE INSTALLED BY TUESDAY NEXT WEEK WITH NO PARTS USED FROM MY OLD MOTOR. SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH FCA BUT I CAN'T COMPLAIN. MY BE MY DEALER TALKING TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE .
Good to hear that FCA is taking care of you. No such luck with me my insurance installed a used Motor. At 59k miles.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
PICKING MY TRUCK UP MONDAY. MOTOR WAS INSTALLED ON FRIDAY 20TH AND HAD TO REPLACE A SENSOR ON THE EXHAUST AND HAD TO DO A FORCED REGEN TO BURN OIL OUT OF THE DPF. THEY DROVE THE TRUCK ABOUT 50 MILES AND NOX SENSOR WENT OUT. REPLACED FRIDAY MORNING AND THEY PUT ANOTHER 50 MILES ON IT AND NO PROBLEMS AS OF 2 PM . DEALER DRIVING IT AGAIN FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING AND THEN I CAN PICK IT UP. IT HAS TAKEN A LONG TIME TO FIX . I HAD TO PUSH ON FCA WITH THE LAW FIRM HANDLING THE LAW SUITE . BUT AFTER I GOT IT OUT OF MY CASE WORKERS HANDS AND PUT WITH ARE MANAGER THINGS STARTED TO MOVE.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Nice to see things moving forward for you. Hopefully the bugs have been worked out & the new engine will give years of good service.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
TRUCK NOT READY . LOTS OF OIL IN THE EXHAUST .NOX SENSOR BAD, REPLACED ON FRIDAY AND NEW SENSOR TRIPPED A CODE.DEALER CONTACTED FCA AND TOLD THEM THAT A FORCED REGEN HAD BEEN DONE TO BURN THE OIL OUT . FCA TOLD THEM TO CLEAN THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND MY DEALER ASK HOW AND WITH WHAT. FCA SAID WE WILL GET BACK YOU AS SOON AS WE FIGURE OUT HOW AND WHAT CLEANER. SOUNDS LIKE A NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR ME. FCA COULD HAVE BOUGHT THE TRUCK FOR WHAT THEY WILL HAVE TIED UP.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
It almost sounds like you need a new exhaust system to go with the new engine. I would think at least the DPF & SCR should be replaced if a forced regen didn't take care of the problem.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
FCA sending a tech to find out why nox sensor readings are low one #1 sensor and high on #2. Suppose to be the other way around.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
Picked up paper work on FCA motor replacement . No charges , FCA covered everything . Ask about warranty on motor ,3 years or 100,000 miles . That will take me to 211,000 miles. With that kind of warranty, looking at a banks derringer . I know that it does not take the EGR out of service . Any comments. FCA as of Tuesday out $16,000.00 plus $3,000.00 payment and will still need to change EGR when new ones are ready

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds like FCA stepped up and took care of you. Did they finally get your truck running right? The last we heard, you were having exhaust system issues.

If I were looking for a tune. I would probably look at the ones offered by HDSupply rather than the derringer. I would much prefer to turn off the EGR system than have a strictly performance tune. I would definitely keep my stock tuned ECU so I could change it out before it went to the dealership for warranty work or servicing. This would give the best of both worlds by keeping the warranty intact and giving your new engine the best chance for long term service by shutting off the EGR.